Mental Support Community

Memories

Obsolete

Sitting in the stands at Fenway Park with my brother and father, looking at the beautiful green grass under the lights and feeling the powerful and beautiful energy of togetherness...

My favorite singer is Josh Groban so I'm always listening to him. :) My mom's favorite singer was Tom Jones so I listen to him if I am feeling nostalgic. His voice reminds me of her and my childhood. 

sometimes i reminisce about "the good ol' days". they weren't actually good, but i was stupid enough to have hope. during childhood i couldn't wait to become an adult and be my own person. little did i know what was in store for me was much worse than the childhood crap i had to go thru.

i think about how i excelled in school and contests and how i (and others) foolishly believed that i'd make something of myself.

20 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Sitting in the stands at Fenway Park with my brother and father, looking at the beautiful green grass under the lights and feeling the powerful and beautiful energy of togetherness...

My favorite singer is Josh Groban so I'm always listening to him. :) My mom's favorite singer was Tom Jones so I listen to him if I am feeling nostalgic. His voice reminds me of her and my childhood. 

Sounds like very happy memories. Hold tightly on to them.☺

Edited by TinyBlackDick

20 hours ago, Resolute said:

sometimes i reminisce about "the good ol' days". they weren't actually good, but i was stupid enough to have hope. 

This is exactly me. I had a lot of hope  for the future and thought I'd make something incredible out of my life and I think a lot about those times. 

19 hours ago, Lantrier said:

When I feel nostalgic, I remember when I was a child, because when I was a child I thought I could accomplish anything I wanted. I was living in my own world, so I did not think about society or about my future. About music, I love listening to Yoko Kanno: I love Japanese's sounds.

Yeah me too. I was an athlete and good at it so I had something I was confident about. Things happened around me but they didn't matter much  when I was on the field.

I'll check yoko kanno out.?

On July 1, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Lantrier said:

I love listening to Yoko Kanno

Sorry for posting out of topic; I just think it's a curious coincidence: I also know (a little bit) and like this musician & composer - thanks to my husband who listens a lot to various Japanese music :) . In the context of this topic, here is a Japanese song that made me feel nostalgic when I unexpectedly heard it on the radio (!) few weeks ago - the nostalgia is linked to the fact that I used to listen to it when my husband, then boyfriend, and me were at the beginning of our relationship and he introduced me to some Japanese contemporary music :)  (I've  always found this song funny / amusing but now that I see the videoclip, it's even more so :P ):

• 2 years later...