Mental Support Community

Planning. I'm not good at it.

Victimorthecrime

I went to Catholic school back when the nuns ran it and it was no joke.  To be fair there were some good ones and I learned self discipline and the work ethic.  But "burning desire" was not on the curriculum.  Obedience to God and his commandments as interpreted by the Catholic Church was the only open road to salvation.  

See I was an only child & an impressionable one at that so this stuff affected me more than most. When I turned 18 and was expected to choose a college and a career I was baffled & mystified but too afraid to ask questions so I did what most people do and just looked around at what others were doing and did roughly the same to my everlasting detriment. Maybe that was the plan all along.  

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally caught a cold. That's my punishment for having off 3 weekdays the week before last and going out to bars.  I was in denial about it last week at work but here on the weekend there is no denying it. I have been resting up, trying to get better, but there is only so much you can do. The plan is to go into work tomorrow & if I feel sick I can schedule a day off for Tuesday.  I really need groceries and am not sure if I'll be able too make it there. I can always order a pizza if all else fails.  

I am going to go into work today but I might schedule tomorrow off. This cold is not getting worse but not getting better as far as I can tell.  For a couple of days having cold can be fun - an excuse to be lazy, eat soup, drink decaf, take naps, watch the idiot box.  But 2-3 days of that and the charm is over. 

Yeah its 21 degrees here now. Too low for March, ridiculous. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad day, Sunday, got somethings done, did some exercise, got a good nap, got a rough sketch plan of a thing I have been procrastinating; nothing amazing but could be worse. I'll take it.  

State of mind is so important. You have to want things & have the strength to put in the work on them.  

Nothing special here just wanted to share that one of the things I have to get through my head is to keep it simple.  My thoughts get so complicated that I get tangled up in them and end up doing nothing.  I have to learn to keep my attention & my efforts on the doable present.  Only action gets results, anything else is noise.  

It's finally a sunny Spring-like day here and although I am not sure it is entirely weather related I am feeling a bit better at the moment. I am rested, I am eating well, and feeling decent.  

The plan today: get to grocery store (Giant), do some stretching, laundry, and then just relax & go w the flow.  I might even do a little meditation, we'll see ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I am at work right now, but I know I have been quite gloomy ? lately but wanted to say that everything is fine, just have had a run of bad luck but things are slowly getting back to normal.  Out of nowhere I developed right shoulder tendinitis  & wow does that suck!  However it is slowly getting better and I am happy about that ?

4 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

but wanted to say that everything is fine, just have had a run of bad luck but things are slowly getting back to normal.

good to hear things are getting better.

5 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

I know I have been quite gloomy ? lately

you have a long way to go to be in the same gloominess league as me, klingsor or small.

I had calcific tendonitis in my shoulder 6-7 years ago, and it was extremely painful! You don't realize just how often you use your shoulder until you can't. I developed a frozen shoulder as well from it and literally was unable to lift my arm. It's intense and constant pain and any kind of pressure increases the pain. I didn't sleep for weeks. My shoulder thankfully got much better after I had a cortisone shot. My doctor told me the tendonitis was likely from repetitive use of my shoulder.

I'm glad your shoulder feels a bit better, Vic. Tendonitis can be very tough to deal with. I hope things continue to improve for you in every regard. Wishing you aa productive and pain free weekend.