Victimorthecrime

Planning. I'm not good at it.

65 posts in this topic

i suppose most of us were taught that desire should be eliminated or at least controlled. i've never been able to do that, however. so my absolute lack of motivation is because of the unattainability of my desires (needless to say, replacing my actual desires with other ones is meaningless). :(

Victimorthecrime likes this

I went to Catholic school back when the nuns ran it and it was no joke.  To be fair there were some good ones and I learned self discipline and the work ethic.  But "burning desire" was not on the curriculum.  Obedience to God and his commandments as interpreted by the Catholic Church was the only open road to salvation.  

See I was an only child & an impressionable one at that so this stuff affected me more than most. When I turned 18 and was expected to choose a college and a career I was baffled & mystified but too afraid to ask questions so I did what most people do and just looked around at what others were doing and did roughly the same to my everlasting detriment. Maybe that was the plan all along.  

Well I finally caught a cold. That's my punishment for having off 3 weekdays the week before last and going out to bars.  I was in denial about it last week at work but here on the weekend there is no denying it. I have been resting up, trying to get better, but there is only so much you can do. The plan is to go into work tomorrow & if I feel sick I can schedule a day off for Tuesday.  I really need groceries and am not sure if I'll be able too make it there. I can always order a pizza if all else fails.  

53 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

I can always order a pizza if all else fails.  

just make it a pizza lite. :P

anyway, get well soon, man.

Thanks Res.  I can't believe I got thru Dec, Jan, Feb only to catch a cold in March 😦.  So far it's not real real bad so I hope it passes.  Hope things are good on your end.  

I could use a month off to do nothing.  

Sorry you're sick, Vic. :( The weather here has been so erratic...very warm to frigid back to warm and then frigid again... I wonder if that can make the immune system more vulnerable. I hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes pizza just works.

I am going to go into work today but I might schedule tomorrow off. This cold is not getting worse but not getting better as far as I can tell.  For a couple of days having cold can be fun - an excuse to be lazy, eat soup, drink decaf, take naps, watch the idiot box.  But 2-3 days of that and the charm is over. 

Yeah its 21 degrees here now. Too low for March, ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Yeah its 21 degrees here now. Too low for March, ridiculous. 

celsius?

oh my bad; because we were talking about high temps lately, i thought you said "too high for march".

so taking tomorrow off then?

Not a bad day, Sunday, got somethings done, did some exercise, got a good nap, got a rough sketch plan of a thing I have been procrastinating; nothing amazing but could be worse. I'll take it.  

State of mind is so important. You have to want things & have the strength to put in the work on them.  

jazz likes this

Nothing special here just wanted to share that one of the things I have to get through my head is to keep it simple.  My thoughts get so complicated that I get tangled up in them and end up doing nothing.  I have to learn to keep my attention & my efforts on the doable present.  Only action gets results, anything else is noise.