Mental Support Community

I need so tired need help

roy472

I have been fighting with my wife pretty bad for the past year but this past weekend was the straw the broke her back. Long story short yes I do have a temper and lots of the fights could have been avoided if I was a stronger person. But now in my hour of most pain all she can she is all the hate and pain she took to see how bad I am over the weekend I took a lot of advil with whisky trying to kill myself as you see that did not work but make me feel really bad till today and still feel bad. I talked to my shrink today and told him I think maybe I need to see my parents and family as they are in another country and talk to them and try work things out.

We have 3 little girls who I have not seen in 5 days now and it is literally killing me and she knows it. But I cant go and see them cause if I do all I will do is cry my youngest will be 2 in March and my wife said to me today she wanted to see but I said no cause there is no way I can control my emotions with her and her sisters. Do you know how hard that is to do as a father who truly loves your kids?? I told my wife I may go visit my parents and friends for a week to 10 days and hope she would come back home with the kids..... Her response is stay as long as you want and if you don't come back that's ok too...

She might have just said to me to die!!!

Welcome to the community, roy472. This sounds very distressful for you.  I hope it was helpful to express your feelings here. If both of you wish to save your marriage, have you considered couple's counseling and do you think your wife would be open to it? You could also continue to work with your own therapist. In the meantime, is there a way for you to communicate with your children via phone or videochat? 

Hey Roy.  That sounds pretty terrible.  Obviously I know nothing of what went wrong but generally speaking it takes 2 to tango so rarely is it all one person's fault.  

If you are feeling down try to think about guys like me never even had what I would consider a real girlfriend let alone a wife and kids. So count your blessings.  Look honestly within yourself, some where there is the answer on how to proceed.  Good luck.