Mental Support Community

Fooling myself it's just a superficial wound

passionfruit3

I ended up cutting myself the other day.I thought I'd gone to deep cause a couple times bleeding just would not stop and the wound was really deep.I don't know what happened to cause maybe seeing the object to cut with I don't know exactly what my trigger was I'd been up all night doing it.I ended up telling my mom as I'd thought I'd cut to deep and she'd take me to the hospital.she looked at it and  might as well have told me it was a superficial wound.cause nothing happened. I guess that's my parents until I have a seziures they will not care.

7 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Hey passion sorry to hear this. Please seek the help of competent professionals trained in this field. This is serious stuff. Don't get me wrong if it helps you to vent and talk it out here feel free, lord knows I do my share of it.  Be well. 

Well i thought of getting help but dont know who to trust since no one takes it seriously.the er doesnt want to deal with me and everyone else just sends me there.not my first time dealing with proffesionals ive been around. My only hope left is a skype group for suicide addicts im supposed to join and im so nervous i dont know how that will go.until then im stuck with these urges to cut and burn.

What need does self harm meet? I think you mentioned that you feel this has become an addiction. Actions create pathways in the brain and can become a learned response. Very difficult to change. :( I hope you continue to seek out professional help. Keep searching until you find someone you feel comfortable working with. I hope your skype group is helpful as well.

Take care, passionfruit.

I don't want to think  my head becomes overwhelmed with thoughts the past mostly.I start thinking of escaping but lately it hasn't been about dying so I just self harm to escape and deal with pain.I'm going to get a new therapist soon just hasn't happened yet in the meantime I'm not sure how to deal with this.I've self harmed with those dentist picks the sharp ones and also today a nail tonight it's concerning cause tonight it opened up wider.my friend explained what deep was for a cut and I think I about hit it tonight.I think I will also post this in the crisis section cause I know open wounds can lead to sepsis and infection not sure what to do and I don't like going to that hospital.it's been suggested going to the same hospital in a different area don't know if it is possible.