Mental Support Community

Continued concern

passionfruit3

This is from a response to a different post please read and respond it's mostly the last few lines I'm worried about  starting with I've self harmed with dental picks

I don't want to think  my head becomes overwhelmed with thoughts the past mostly.I start thinking of escaping but lately it hasn't been about dying so I just self harm to escape and deal with pain.I'm going to get a new therapist soon just hasn't happened yet in the meantime I'm not sure how to deal with this.I've self harmed with those dentist picks the sharp ones and also today a nail tonight it's concerning cause tonight it opened up wider.my friend explained what deep was for a cut and I think I about hit it tonight.I think I will also post this in the crisis section cause I know open wounds can lead to sepsis and infection not sure what to do and I don't like going to that hospital.it's been suggested going to the same hospital in a different area don't know if it is possible

It sounds as though this could be something you do to help ground yourself? Are you able to sit with yourself through these times? Maybe try some deep breathing or reach out to a friend, exercise...anything different. Imagine yourself walking through a field with thick brush. It's difficult to make a new path in this terrain, but taking a different path is a place to start. You're making new pathways in your brain when you respond differently. 

It sounds as if you might need medical attention, passionfruit. I hope you will go and have your injury examined. I hope too that your new therapist is helpful and supportive.

I can't  i just have to make it through the night cause I'm afraid mom won't let me come back home as she keeps threatening to leave me at the hospital and let them decide what to do with me.the place I need to be at is home.my mom does a good job taking care of me even if sometimes she can't keep me safe always.I'm disabled as well so it's scary cause I don't know were they'd place me if I got stuck in a mental hospital and parents would not take me back id.probably end up on streets since most mental hospitals believe I'm faking my illness or pretend it doesn't exist.if i do anymore I'll go though .