Mental Support Community

Dreams and Hopes

Obsolete

5 hours ago, YOTH said:

@TinyBlackDick You offer hope, I know that much. A lot of guys in here are blindly falling through life but you always engage and start amazing conversations. You kind of make people want to answer you. That's not nothing. There will always be people coming through here and I'd rather they find you than some of the others (not that I'm slagging people off). You should maybe look into helping people with the same issues as you, I think they'd get a lot from talking to you. You know the ins and outs of this thing, a lot of younger guys don't have a clue. You are suffering, but you're always there, replying. Sometimes that in itself is a huge weight off. Don't be so hard on yourself TBD, it wouldn't be the same in here without you. 

Oh man. Thank you. I've actually been thinking of spending less time here though as I felt I do more complaining than helping. I had no idea i offer hope?. 

8 hours ago, TinyBlackDick said:

I must admit I do have a tendency of taking on much more than I can handle, get overwhelmed, then quit. Perhaps because I feel so behind that I feel the need to hurry the hell up and catch up in life.

You're not alone. Many people are afflicted with this.

@Klingcorn & @Victimorthecrime

Have summarised this topic the best imo. In the end, if it works for you then own it. Some folks do well when accepting their situation within it's confines & believe the phenomena of hope to be dishonest. Others like to look at their situation in a goal oriented context, and it's this progression or promise of progression that helps them cope.

33 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Seems like you were gone for a bit.  Anything new?  

hey vic. not much really, but i have been visiting the forum a bit less recently. i'd been working on a pet project which didn't turn out as climactic as i'd hoped, due to some bad luck (story of my life lol).

anyway, hope you're doing ok, and i read your shoulder is still healing slowly.

hope everyone (except small lol) is well.

You are loved Small - whether you like it or not ?

Thanks for the good word Res. Hope your future projects and endeavors go so well that it blows your mind.  

If I was a religious person I would see this shoulder thing as a blessing from God because at one point the pain was so bad I had to choke back tears.  Now that it is feeling about 90-95% better I am so truly grateful that I really don't give  a fuck what life throws at me.  So long as I am ok physically all problems are just background noise.  

1 hour ago, Victimorthecrime said:

You are loved Small - whether you like it or not ?

by whom????? lol

Thanks for the good word Res. Hope your future projects and endeavors go so well that it blows your mind.  

thanks man; and likewise.

If I was a religious person I would see this shoulder thing as a blessing from God because at one point the pain was so bad I had to choke back tears.  Now that it is feeling about 90-95% better I am so truly grateful that I really don't give  a fuck what life throws at me.  So long as I am ok physically all problems are just background noise.  

don't encourage him (god). :D