Mental Support Community

Please help me im losing my mind

scruffycat

Welcome back; good to see you here again! :) Don't worry about "disappearing" from this website; it's here for you when you need it,  it doesn't pose an obligation to you ;) .

Yes, someone can help you. Just imagine that your illness will be cured (or, at least, under such control that you won't suffer like this anymore and will enjoy life) - what would you think at that time about your intention to kill yourself now?

Please, could you describe to us what kind of mental healthcare have you got in the meantime and what "impressions" have you got from the website I posted above?

I'd love you to believe me that you don't need to protect others from you (by suicide); you mostly need to protect yourself now (from suicide and suffering). Do seek professional help. If you need some assistance with it, let us know; we can help at least with some advises.

Take care!

You're all so nice. But everything's just effed up right now. My mom is away in Greece for two weeks, and my kind brother says I can stay with him and his family if I want - but that just makes it worse, since he has a toddler, and everytime I play with him I just get scared I'm gonna hurt him. And he gets so sad if auntie won't play with him - but how could you explain POCD to a two-year-old? I stayed the night yesterday anyway because I was about to kill myself, and I did something disgusting. When I was playing with my nephew, I poked him briefly on the front of his pants to show myself it doesn't make me a child molester but now I feel horrible. My brother and his wife also recently had another baby, and when he was lying in his stroller I thought about doing the same to him to again confirm it didn't mean anything. I ended up not doing it, but still. Don't you understand? I'm a monster. How could I do this?

Look; the probably best thing you can do to protect others is to get hospitalized. Then you won't have the opportunity to be dangerous and at the same time, they would treat your illness and make you feel safe and OK. You just need to convince doctors you need such hospitalization, but doing it without harming others or yourself.

Yes, you did it because of your particular fear and because of your need to have a proof you're not what your illness is saying you that you are. But you did just an innocent geste that hasn't hurt any the children. If you want to get rid of such impulses and needs (to have a proof etc.), you need professional help, not death.

54 minutes ago, scruffycat said:

And he gets so sad if auntie won't play with him

Imagine someone with depression unable to play with his/her (/their) child. Yes, it's sad, but it's not something to blame them for or to judge. Their health needs healing, that's all.

The children you describe would be much more terribly affected by a suicide in their family than by a period of your refusal to play...

I'm very sorry that you misunderstood me, but it's my fault - I express myself badly :( . Using the words "protect others", I was talking only to the one part of you who thinks that you could harm someone. I'm sure you wouldn't. But there is an ill part of your brain that things so and this same part also wants you to die, so when talking to "it", I was using its point of view...

Edited by LaLa

20 minutes ago, scruffycat said:

I just want a normal life without having to second guess every single thing I do

Yes, this is exactly what we here wish for you, too :) . I'm very glad you're able to realize that this is what you really want, too. Suicide can be sometimes very tempting as it looks like a solution. (You might read this, for instance, I find it interesting: https://suicidepreventioncommunity.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/please-stop-saying-suicide-is-a-permanent-solution/)

And yes; treatment doesn't look appealing. :( 

I'm scared. 

Probably the vast majority of people facing such kind of hospitalization are scared :( . It's natural. But imagine that you would have a serious physical condition that would require hospitalization; you would feel scared and bad about it, but you, very probably, wouldn't protest. An illness of the mind is more complicated, in some ways. Also the process of convincing the doctors that you need this treatment may be complicated, because in fact, you're "normal" and not dangerous; you "only" think you could be dangerous, but this exact thinking is the illness you need to heal, so yes; it's tricky to explain it right to someone who doesn't know you.

I don't wanna be stuck there forever.

You won't get stuck there; as far as I know, hospitals try to "get rid of" the patients as soon as possible; they prefer them to be in home care (this, of course, depends a lot on the country you live in and on the hospital itself, so sorry for generalizations). And this kind of illness is, as far as I know, relatively well controllable by therapy, so it shouldn't require a long in-patient treatment. And moreover, it's possible that they won't hospitalize you at all, but will offer you a good out-patient program of treatment! What you need most now is to mobilize all your efforts and advocate for yourself until you find a truly understanding professional and receive an effective care. Your life it definitely worth it, even if it doesn't feel that way to you right now!

Good luck!!!

Edited by LaLa
sorry, I write too quickly and then it's sometimes nonsense