Mental Support Community

It's been one year since my first post...

YOTH

It's almost a year to the day that I made my first post on this forum, and it's not been the easiest thing to do as I'm sure people are aware. But overall it's been extremely helpful. I've talked to people from all over the world with the same problem and stigma that's comes with it and I can't thank you all enough for your words of support and encouragement. I thought this place would be like every other forum, a barren wasteland, but it has a solid community of lads who have suffered embarrassment from this and I've been helped enormously over the year. There have been a few ups and downs and learning curves and a lot of harrowing testimonies that have shocked me and also gave me a much better understanding of the condition, but I'm glad I found it. The moderators are also unbelievably devoted to helping visitors to the site and they do an amazing job. But the one thing that has become apparent in the SPS forum is the lack of a support system for a lot of guys in their personal life, not all, just some. And if I can I want to try and change that. So with no pressure or commitment, if you send me a private message I'll give you my email address and my phone number through the email address so we can start a more personal chat/text w/e. I'm not some loony feel good hipster guru, just a normal lad that thinks it could help, which you'll see if we chat. I personally don't even think it's that big of a deal, but I realise it might be for others. I also get that It'll be easier for the UK based guys, obviously, but I'm also waiting on a sim card that can make very cheap international calls too for anyone further afield. I know it sounds daunting and a lot of guys are anxious about their identities being revealed, but I can guarantee you that that won't be an issue, everything will be in the strictest confidence, and why would I say anything? I know how shit this is, I've lived it myself. 

Anyway, without banging on about it too much, that offers there If anyone's interested. Hopefully the forum can get back to what it was now, it'd be really crap to see it go the same way as the ADHD forum ??

If you knew me, you'd know I don't preach. If you don't want to find that out, that's ok. But it's already been a positive thing for me and others off forum, so I just have to focus on that. You're pissed off for some reason and I'm not sure what I did or said to you personally if anything. If we'd actually spoken and you called me preachy, I'd take it on the chin. But I'm not some faceless forum profile to be harassed, I'm a real person. If you were trying to upset me, it kind of worked, so you've got that.

I'm always happy to hear that the community has helped one of our members in any way. This is what we hope for and want. I appreciate that you shared this, YOTH.

Small, has something upset you here on site? Would it help to talk more about it?

I think there is room for members to share many different feelings/outlooks/experiences. Every member is a part of our community. That includes both of you. I hope that both of you are okay.

@Small Ok, I'll count myself lucky then lol. It does sound cheesy some of my posts, but this is the first summer I've actually gone out and lived normally in about 10 years. It's been the best summer on recent record for me where I've said yes to meals out, shopping, walks, going the park, coffees in the day time etc. That sounds cringey af but it's been a reality for too long. I'm not saying it's directly because of the forum, but it defo played a part in the whole accepting myself.