Mental Support Community

Five Days, No Pills

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Smallstar,

The reason its harder today is that your brain cells are letting you know that they miss the pills and want them. It may get even harder (or may not) until you are free of the craving. Just be patient with yourself and remember, its just your brain playing tricks on you. Just give it one day at a time.

What do others advise??

Allan

I know how you feel. I am scared of failing too, in many things. I remember a saying in my past: If you fall, then just get up, again and again. I know that's easier said than done. So if you fell, just remember, we will always be here to tell you: GET UP AGAIN.

I remember this funny song by Chumbawamba:

"I get knocked down, but I get up again.

You're never gonna keep me down.

I get knocked down, but I get up again.

You're never gonna keep me down......."

STAR

YOU ARE ONE OF THE STRONGEST MINDED PEOPLE THAT I KNOW, IF ANYONE CAN RESIST THE URGES AND THE CRAVINGS IT IS YOU.

TRY AND FIND YOUR INNER STRENGTH, AND USE IT TO THE FULLEST CAPACITY, YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS, ISNT THE FIRST FEW DAYS THE HARDEST ?

COZ YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED THIS.

WE ARE ALL VERY PROUD OF YOU

TAKE CARE

Jj

I'd like to comment that I am in complete agreement with what Claire said about stopping addictive behaviour being an act of self love. And--Smallstar--don't wait to feel self love to stop! Just stop because you know the pills are hurting you more than the temporary escape they bring.

The feeling of self love will come after you have some time clean. I am fortunate in that I found a therapy program that helped me (not 12 step based) so that I could stop compulsive gambling and prescription drug abuse.

I hope Smallstar finds help, too, because isolation feeds addiction like nothing else.

Catmom