Mental Support Community

I think I could be a psycohpath.

Hello, I'm ConfusedBoy16,

For the past month or so I've thought I'm a psychopath. Frist of, I must say, I have OCD and anxiety and before worrying about being a psycopath I worried about having schizophrenia and being a pedophile. The reasons I think I'm a psychopath is because I have so many of the traits:

- I've hurt our animals; I squeeze our cats. It seems to release anger, but then it comes back again.

- I've kicked our dog, same as above.

- I've stolen - without feeling TRUE remorse. I don't know why, either.

- I find it hard feeling emoiton, and feeling sorry for people. For example, my friend said she went to the hospital as she has an inflimation, and I found it hard to sypathize with her.

- I've missed many days of school, simply because I 'can't be bothered'.

- I have a few fetishes; BDSM and foot.

I must add, this all started around two years ago. We've had a few deaths and quite some dramatic traumas. My mum's a 'semi' alcoholic and as I said, we've had some 'problems'. I sometimes cry when thinking about being a psyco, I really don't want to be one - I'm 16, BTW - I thought it was important to say that. Am I normal? Am I going to be a serial killer, hurting people? I really don'r understand. And I don't know whether I'm pretending to worry about it. It's like I'm lying to myself. I'm saying "I need to change", but am I just saying this? Do I really want to?

Please, could someone at least try and help me. It would be very much apppreciated.

Thank you,

Nathan - ConfusedBoy16.

Guest Star9DeAtH9wIsH

Hello, I'm ConfusedBoy16,

For the past month or so I've thought I'm a psychopath. Frist of, I must say, I have OCD and anxiety and before worrying about being a psycopath I worried about having schizophrenia and being a pedophile. The reasons I think I'm a psychopath is because I have so many of the traits:

- I've hurt our animals; I squeeze our cats. It seems to release anger, but then it comes back again.

- I've kicked our dog, same as above.

- I've stolen - without feeling TRUE remorse. I don't know why, either.

- I find it hard feeling emoiton, and feeling sorry for people. For example, my friend said she went to the hospital as she has an inflimation, and I found it hard to sypathize with her.

- I've missed many days of school, simply because I 'can't be bothered'.

- I have a few fetishes; BDSM and foot.

I must add, this all started around two years ago. We've had a few deaths and quite some dramatic traumas. My mum's a 'semi' alcoholic and as I said, we've had some 'problems'. I sometimes cry when thinking about being a psyco, I really don't want to be one - I'm 16, BTW - I thought it was important to say that. Am I normal? Am I going to be a serial killer, hurting people? I really don'r understand. And I don't know whether I'm pretending to worry about it. It's like I'm lying to myself. I'm saying "I need to change", but am I just saying this? Do I really want to?

Please, could someone at least try and help me. It would be very much apppreciated.

Thank you,

Nathan - ConfusedBoy16.

your tottally normal bdsm and foot fetish are more common then you think i also sort of like bdsm but not really im too girly for that anyways no your not going to be a serial killer you have your own choice i often thought about being an assassin it felt so cool , its ok just try to take up boxing or wrestling that really takes out anger or just box at home instead of hurting animals they may hurt you some day or people would arrest you for that :(

so please dont hurt kittens either <3

meoww

• 1 year later...

You don't seem like a psychopath to me, you *do* feel remorse, or you wouldn't be distressed at the thought of being a psychopath. Most of the people on this part of the Personality Disorder Spectrum never spontaneously go to therapy or even think they have a problem!!

I think you are very young, scared, and confused. That's okay!! OCD is on the Anxiety Spectrum, not the antisocial spectrum...

Anyway. I'm not a therapist or a Mental Health professional of any kind. I have Avoidant Personality Disorder (also on the anxiety spectrum) and I lived with someone whom I believe to have antisocial traits.

If you have a diagnosis (your OCD), and you're having difficulty, do try to get back into therapy. If you have someone to talk to about your stress, you won't need to be hurting your pets, or stealing things.

I think you have more empathy than you know. Maybe you feel so much you need to pretend to yourself you don't?? I don't know...

I wish you good luck!

Jane

• 3 years later...

I think the violence towards animals has to do with lack of an outlet. Actually going through and giving into the anger by performing those kind of actions feeds into that part of you. I think that when it comes to identifying what emotions or presence that you make, the bottled up and contained feelings obscure the actual view of the things you do. While doing these things will help temporarily, in the long run it's doing too much harm to yourself and others to be healthy.

I want you to know that these feelings you have the disdain for will pass. In the moment it's difficult to truly discern the actual situation from how your thoughts/emotions of that time perceive the situation when there are so many things stuck inside your head. Everything becomes so quick, anything that's running through your mind is at full speed and goes through without filter that eventually causes conditions to look different from what they are. Let the important things stick in your thoughts and let the insignificant things go. Decide that the unimportant things will matter for a minute, an hour, a week. Decide that the significant things will matter for maybe a few months, a year, your lifetime. Identify what will affect THOSE things. "It's hard to be the better man, when you forget you're trying."

I really hope this helped, and that you're doing well.

Stay safe,

Brooke