Mental Support Community

ADHD is ruining my life.

Sparkleeyes

sparkleeyes, maybe being a little gentler on yourself would help? Everyone has something that they are dealing with, and this is yours. Can I ask what dystmia is? Does it help to get to know what others with ADHD do to cope? I went to a workshop on it and they had a lot of options including biofeedback, interactive metronome, nutrition, coaching strategies... has anything worked for you?

Hi Sparkleeyes,

I have ADHD and so does my son and daughter. I have learned a lot about it through them and myself.

Take a deep breath and try to relax. There are many things you can do, but you need to accept it, understand it and try to work with it.

First I suggest you talk to your doctor. They may be able to help.

For myself I use a lot of reminders to help me remember things. I use my PDA, phone or a calendar program to remember everything from taking pills to taking out garbage and of course meetings.

In terms of sloppy work, forcus on the parts that can be screwed up and force yourself to go over it again. Try to find ways to confirm it is done right.

I realize it won't be easy , but you can do it.

Also realize that ADHD can give you great strengths. You can probably deal with emergencies better than most.

Archived