Mental Support Community

Which is worse?

It was our Psychatrist.. But, mainly the reason for this was so he could treat my son. my son was younger when the Dr. diagnosed him as that, even though I questioned it, the Dr. would just say yes. Needless to say he does not go to that Dr. anymore. My son does get services through the Regional center. I do have Respite . And the Center pays for it. Both my son and I also have In home support services. The state pays for that. He was re evaluated a few years ago by a NeuroPsycholgist, paid by the regional center. This was a comprehensive evaluation that took a couple of hours to complete. He was re diagnosed as haveing autism and cognitive delays. I read the tests and some of them I did not understand, but the IQ scores were extremely low. Thing is that I do not see my kid as special needs, or disabled. He has always gone to special needs classrooms or special day classrooms.

I think that my son is trying to exert his independance, mu ch like a two year old. BUt, he turns it all out on me. He obsessess badly . On Friday, my brother helped him get off one subject. Only for him to go off on anther . It took at least a couple of hours to calm down, it was bad. He throws fits , tries to leave , gets so upset over the stupidest things. If I try to get him off the subject it does not work, he only gets more and more pissed off. He has been a big chalenge the last few weeks. The Neuro did catch on about something else. He wrote that my son scored high for ODD. Now that made sense.

Archived