Mental Support Community

Considering Selling My Soul

Hi Esruc

It sounds like your having a real rough time lately :(

In what way are you considering selling your soul ?

Is there maybe another option out there for you ?

Whats going on for you right now that you feel selling your soul is even a option ?

I hope that your day is kind to you.

Take care

Guest GingerSnap

I had to wonder if you have not already sold your soul to the Devil if you find yourself doomed to eternal damnation because why else would that be? Has God turned you over to a reprobate mind, a mind that no longer knows right from wrong? That is what happens when he gives up on you. I'm thinking it sounds like you still know right from wrong. The Devil has very little to offer you in exchange for your soul. I had a relative who lived many years ago and was a minister and he always said that absolutely no one knows if they will go to heaven or not - I am not sure what he met because I was very young but I have carried many of the things I heard him say close to my heart and they have done me right. I would rethink turning against God which I feel you have not yet done and he won't give up on you unless you give up on Him.

You can't sell your soul to the devil, it already has it, its grasp on you is as strong as it is on anyone. Everyone is already in hell, it is the human condition, its why we 'suffer'. You can dwell on it and sink deeper into it, or you can accept it try to look beyond its grasp and find 'God'. You could give up looking beyond it, and let yourself sink into hell, which i think is sort of what you mean by selling yourself to the devil, but i doubt you will find anything enjoyable there. All people do there is try to cope, sometimes becoming dellusional if they go far enough into it. Haing said that, sometimes you have to go through hell to find heaven.

Edited by nathan

What I hear you saying is you are looking for peace.. or at least comfort in something. Man can not find true peace in Evil. Joy maybe but it is always fleeting and normally followed by extreme pain that is caused by the evil done. The devil offers his best first God saves the best for last. I would suggest looking for answers to the questions burning inside you. Research different religions talk to a preacher. Why sell your soul if you can keep it and find inner peace and answers to some of your questions?

PS you are closer to redemption than you think. Knowing one's inner self is the first step to true knowledge. You just have to step out in faith for good rather than evil. For me the Christian faith is not about acts rather, faith, grace and love. Finding God in my life saved me.

Again if you do want peace read up on different faiths and beliefs talk to people you know.

Do not ever think it is to late. It is never to late.

Edited by randomperson

• 2 weeks later...

This Seems To Be A Matter Of Faith, Good Vs. Evil, Right Vs. Wrong, The Hard Route Or The Easy Route, And Just What Your Conscience Tells You?

For Me I At Least Try To Live A Decent Life Without Doing Harm To Others In Any Way. And Living My Life With As Good Of Conscience As Possible.

So Selling Your Soul To The Devil Means What? Doing Bad Things To Others?

Yourself?

I Know Daily Living Is A Battle; But It is Which Route We CHOOSE That Leads us on A Path We Can Live With Without Remorse & A Clean Conscience.

I Personally Continue To TRY To Stay On The Road without Hurt Or Harm To Others. And Many Times Temptation is Not Easy............

So If You Sell Your Soul Are You Just Giving Up On Yourself, Not Caring? & Looking To Do Evil, Bad Things? Just Asking & Wondering............

I Hope All Goes Well For You...

I saw this thread many days ago, and before replying it I had to think long and hard on it. Im in a situation right now that I feel I am living in purgatory and have done so many years now..I havn't replied much here as I use to cause I don't feel I have a lot to offer at this time and also the fact that when I reach out I must explain the situation all over again...I have been taking care of my bedridden mother for almost seven years now..I am in the prime of my life yet I can't go out and enjoy the things I once did, so thats why I say I am in purgatory. If the devil came up to me now and said for exchange of my soul..I would be able to go and do and live the life I so much miss, I have to admit that would be a temptation. But the other part of me screams out..you are on just another journey in your life you must it to the end. Not to mention I need my soul to survive, without my soul I would feel nothing I believe. My soul still as tattered and tired as it is, shows me brief moments of beauty in the world..so I ask, would I miss these things without my soul?, I believe a soul is something that can't be sold, we need our souls to live here on earth, souls are meant to be given not sold, we need to nurture and take care of it no matter how bad things get. If I didn't have my soul I feel I would be like the walking dead and then I would truly be living in purgatory. Not worth it in my mind anyway, rather struggle with life then do without my soul. No one has to agree with this..its just how I feel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ASchwartz
How about a soul swap? I'll trade mine for yours. I'll even throw in a new toaster oven. win / win all around. Mine is a bit of a 'fixer-upper' though-i cant even keep a plant alive- so the soul isnt lookin so hot. The toaster oven is in good shape though. Whattaya say? We got a deal?

:(

That is really funny. You've made my day with that one. Yeah, maybe I'll take the toaster??? :o:D

• 4 weeks later...

OH, MY DEAR SWEET LINITH.

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. Not that I am trying to be callous or anything, but selling your soul? Realistically, the only person who believes Satan actually buys souls are some christians. Now you CAN make a 'pact with the devil', but it is more on a temporary give and take basis.

Typically speaking, and this is coming from a Satanist, Satan, or the devil if you prefer, doesn't need a bunch of hardcore supporters who will die for him or "sell their souls".

It sounds like what you need is a purpose, a goal, you need some end to meet, and the means to it. You need a constructive reason to live.

Do you have any hobbies? You could try and see if anything gets your interest. Sure, you may know everything there is to about model trains by the end of the month and strive to be the world's best model train collector and track builder (some of those tracks are cool actually), but at least you will be a HAPPY and crazed model train enthusiast, which is more than most people can say, being happy that is.

Happiness is not in things or what you have, it's in a sense of self and others. Don't have anyone else? Well fuck em' all to damnation anyway! They were all bastards at any rate! You don't need them! All you need is a pen a paper, your sense of self, and a story to tell!

You see where I am going with this? I'm a Satanist, so I know a lil' bit about Satan, and trust me, he doesn't want nor have a need for any souls, he's interested in mankind's development, not their destruction or collecting souls.

But if you are seriously interested in Satanism, I do have a few resources I can show you, but it doesn't buy souls, and it doesn't promise happiness. At most, what you will get is you will learn how to draw strength from yourself and how to be independent. You can't buy happiness, you can only get that from yourself. No possession, no thing, no person, and definitely no god can just give it to you. I thought that people and gods could give it to me for years, but as Satan has shown me, only I myself can make it possible for me to be happy.

edit: just to be perfectly clear, 99.9999999% of Satanists do NOT take the idea of buying souls seriously. its not in any of the practitions of satanism nor is it even in the bible or any grimors. its mostly just a pop culture idea. there are pacts with him, but not selling or buying of souls.

Edited by Darkness

• 4 weeks later...

He hasn't been on in awhile. PS he wasn't serious about what he said I realized that later. Just deeply hurting and using that post to vent.. asking for help in a way. I hope he wasn't suicidal, and hope he is ok. Please be careful about posting things others might find offensive such as negative remarks against people or other religions.

All the best

• 3 years later...

Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?

Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.

Wyatt Earp: What does he need?

Doc Holliday: Revenge.

Wyatt Earp: For what?

Doc Holliday: Bein' born.