Mental Support Community

Being grateful

IrmaJean

Grateful for the little breaks one gets in life from time to time. 14 years ago I was flat broke. I am talking REAL flat broke, not Hillary Rodam Clinton multimillionaire broke OR Donald Trump billionaire bankruptcy broke lol.

Anyway I had no job, no unemployment check, a mortgage on a condo and a very sick mother living in her own house. I had no internet access and no local wifi anywhere near me. One day I am sitting in a lawn chair in her driveway and the local paper gets tossed to me. Inside an ad for credit card debt collectors. I get the job. It was 2pm to 11pm Sun-Thursday which was perfect for allowing me to work and still run errands and do things for my mother.

I kept that job for just under 4 years and it was a life saver. Getting off work at 11pm was great. The world was quiet and I could chill out a bit and get my head together. Having every Friday off was great because I could stay up crazy late on Thursday night and still get things done on Friday.

Eventually my mom did pass away, sadly, i miss her everyday but at least the suffering is over and I moved on to a slightly better paying job that I am hanging onto to this day. But I will never forget that 2-11 job. It was a God send.

I'm very happy for you, VoBN1C, and i wish you the best of luck in your new job.

I'm starting a new job myself tomorrow, and i pray that God will help me to get along with people.

I have always been able to get along with all races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, and education levels. But when two people became belligerent toward me in my last job, it triggered my memories of being bullied in school and battered by the Sperm Donor. So those people got me in trouble for being disrespectful to them, even though i was never accused of raising my voice or insulting them. Which is why i quit that job.

I don't want to keep making the same mistakes.

I pray that this new job will be a fresh start for me in which i'll do a better job dealing with difficult people.

• 2 weeks later...