Mental Support Community

Oh God

soaring eagle

My son came back two days ago and for the first 2 days everything was fine now he has turned back into that arrogant ass again.

Last night there was a grad party so he didn't get home till 3am waking me up and tried to start to argue with me so I just ignored him and then trying to wake him up at 7:30 this morning was a chore. So he tells me to fuck off and he's moving out so I said good. Does all parents go through all this? So right now I'm not going to be stressed out over this and go to school myself and not worry about a showdown that is bound to happen. He can come home and see I'm not there. House is clean and I'll act like nothing is happening because I'm not goiing down to his level he's the child and I'm the adult.

Hopefully one day he'll realize that there is a parent who loves him and he has a home to come back.

• 1 month later...

I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this!! His behavior is simply unacceptable. I think you have your head and heart in the right place.

My son is still young so I don't have personal experience with this kind of thing, so I can't offer any very useful advice, but I do send you a message of moral support.

Good luck with everything, I hope things improve soon!!!

Archived