Mental Support Community

Remembering 9/11

Athena

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this seemed the most appropriate place. Everybody I talk to remembers what they were doing on 9/11 at the time the towers got hit. At that time, I happened to be breastfeeding my 3 week old daughter. It was surreal. I wrote my first song after that. It is my daughter's favorite song. She knows it is about the healing power of love... In particular - ours for each other. The first few lines....

When I look at you

I travel to another world.

A world so full of love

So full of peace.

I don't want to leave it.

A place where dreams come true

and no-one's blue

Or ever lonely.

You slept through the war

Slept through the sound of crashing towers

As I held you in my arms

And then you smiled

And looked up at me.

You didn't realize

Three thousand lives

Had just been taken

in just one breath.

I vow to make this world

A better place for you to live in.

Where not a drop of blood

Is ever spilled due to religion....

• 3 weeks later...
So because someone or somepeople do something horrible in the name of religion makes it the fault of religion? Seems like the problems lie with misguided people but that's just me.
No, not the fault of a non-sexist, non-racist, welcoming, kindness-to-others preaching, non-hypocritical, tolerant, non arms-bearing religion. And not the fault of people who espouse those things regardless of which religion they have embraced, if any.

Yes, I agree with you, the problems lie with the misguided people - not the ones above.

• 2 weeks later...

9/11 is too painful for me everytime i rehash it up

how people could actually blindly attack people at teh command of leaders who do not beleive the hate they preach... Osama was a million air trying to profit, he didnt believe his own nonsense

anyway... very painful day. ill punch out anyone's teeth who says it was a government conspiracy. i hate those people. they are complete fools

Archived