Mental Support Community

Its just getting worse!!!!

crisberube

I know I have already posted a thread here again but things are changing. I really do not know how I am feeling. I cant stand to sit in my skin. I just want to quit everything and isolate in my room. I think about who I can call to get help and cant seem to find anyone that will listen. My friends do not want to hear it because it brings them down. I then think about just calling a crisis hotline to talk but I really dont know what to talk about. I am not in crisis just really really lost in my depression. I am not sucidial but I dont want to be like this anymore. I try to use my DBT skills, read the BigBook of AA, Journal and do other things that will keep my mind busy but I just cant get my mind busy. I cry for no reason. I have a bad attitude, have no patients for anyone or any situation. I just dont know where to turn. Its going on two weeks and im sick of it. I wish i could take a magic pill and be better forever. I need help but dont know what to do to get it!

Have you tried CBT and the TEA form exercise? It is what helped me turn my life around. I am not sure what DBT is but CBT is quite remarkable and has a high success rate for those who dedicate themselves to it. Look into it or read the CBT book by Obitz and Craske and start doing the TEA forms everyday and I think it will begin to help you feel better in your own skin.

Best wishes for a speedy turnaround:)

• 5 months later...

Have you tried CBT and the TEA form exercise? It is what helped me turn my life around. I am not sure what DBT is but CBT is quite remarkable and has a high success rate for those who dedicate themselves to it. Look into it or read the CBT book by Obitz and Craske and start doing the TEA forms everyday and I think it will begin to help you feel better in your own skin.

Best wishes for a speedy turnaround:)

Excellent advice Cynthia. The Tea forms have turned my life around for the better as you know :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cris - I've been there. It sucks. Two weeks is a long time to suffer through a constant episode. It makes the temporariness of the emotions seem like they'll last forever. Are you getting any kind of treatment or support? I agree that CBT can work - I've been using it for quite some time. Many communities have resources for support groups that can be extremely helpful, if only to put you in contact with people in the same boat. It can be hugely beneficial just to be around others who can relate to your feelings and share their own experiences. Therapy of course would be extremely beneficial - and a therapist with experience in CBT could get you on the right track. Just know that it is possible to come out of fog. You can be okay, even happy - as far off as they may appear. And you're not alone - a large segment of our population suffer from many of the same conditions - we as a society just choose to turn the other cheek. That doesn't mean that support and help are not out there. Keep you chin up! You can do it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Chirsberube!

Sometimes you cannot avoid the felling being down. As a person you will really encounter that type of feeling but look at the things around you, there are ways which you can overcome that. If your friends don't want to listen to you then ask for help from the experts... you can actually look for some online motivational therapist which will sure Help you. I have known some of them and they are even my friends. If you want some information please feel free to let me know:)

Eve