Mental Support Community

Our New Forum

IrmaJean

Welcome to MentalSupportCommunity.net. :)

I hope everyone can bear with us during this transition. We are feeling our way with this and it may take some time for all of us to get used to. In the meantime, I wanted to open up a place to discuss any issues or concerns about the new site. We will do our very best to address any concerns or problems.

About managing pms: We are allowed a maximum of 50 (that counts both sent and received). In order to successfully send a message, both the sender and recipient's mailboxes need ample room. I figured this out today through trial and error.

Please feel free to write in here about what you are feeling during this transition as well. I know that change can be distressful for any of us, and we are here to support you through this.

We will do our very best to make our community run smoothly.

We are very happy to have all of you here as part of our community. :)

Hello, DD, and welcome to the site! :D I'm glad you were able to sign in and join us. :)

The blogs have been temporarily disabled while we are deciding how to handle concerns with the privacy adjustments, so everyone is seeing the same message. Hopefully we will have this cleared up very soon.

Take care, DD.

A few things.

Personal messenger: To clarify, we are allowed a maximum of 50 'conversations.' Continuing a response within one message apparently does not count against your maximum total. It is important to keep your conversation count below the maximum of 50 or anyone attempting to message you will not be allowed to.

Managing Friends: There are setting options which allow for 'auto-approve' of friendship requests or you may change the settings so that you are required to manually approve each friendship request.

Does anyone have questions or issues about navigation of the new site?

Please remember to check your mailboxes and empty them, as is necessary. There is a limit of 50 'conversations.' You won't be able to send or receive messages until you do. I am still unable to reach some members via private message with information about how to access their blogs. :( Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the new boards. :)

The conversion of the posts and blogs from mentalhelpnet over to mentalsupport took place at the end of May. Unfortunately, all posts made after this time weren't transferred. I think I recall your posts being very recent? We apolologize for the imperfections in the process. We did the best we could in a very limited amount of time. I'm sorry your posts were lost, died. :( I'm glad you're here with us at the new forum. Take care.

A final backup of MentalHealth does exist, containing posting done between the end of May, when the conversion backup was taken, and about the second week of June, when MentalHealth went down permanently. Those posts are safe; however, it would involve a second conversion, and considerable care not to wipe out what has happened here since the changeover. I am going to try to do that conversion, but I can't make promises about when I'll be able to. We tried to make the process as quick and painless as we could.

I'm sorry if that affected your topics particularly, 'idied'. It was certainly not personal.

MentalHelp.net has had an available link to the new forum since the transition occurred last month. I'm not aware of any specific timetables as to when the link to our site might be removed (I actually thought they did remove it yesterday, but it turns out it was just relocated on the page). In the meantime, I hope that all members of the community will take note of the new name and web address.

http://www.mentalsupportcommunity.net.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beth. I finally got around to deleting all my messages (which I hated to have to do!) and tried to access the chat room but it said there was an error and I was unable to, so I clicked on the help thing and wrote a message to whoever it goes to but I couldn't find a send button on the email page! (I know i'm useless when it comes to things like this!). Also I can't find my blog. Help!

Don't worry about the blog, M. - it's there ;). (I can see it as a moderator.) One of the admins will surely help you soon. The blogs of members who didn't ask for activation of their blog are inactivated because it's only the author of the blog who can set the visibility/accessibility (like "friends only") - before you do it, it would be visible to everyone, so they decided to keep it invisible until you come and ask them to activate it (and then immediatly you would also probably change your settings concerning the accessibility). (Sorry that I'm explaining it so very complicately - I'm struggling with English, mostly...)

I think the chatroom is also inactive so far, but... the admins will tell you more ;). I'm writing now, in the meantime, just to let you know that you don't have to worry about this. :)

I've noticed the issue with your photo. Not sure what that might be about? Maybe Mark might know.

I have some trouble deleting messages too, M. I always end up feeling as if I I am deleting my friends and our friendships. Symbolism can be a funny thing on the internet. There is an archive feature available if you'd like to save any of your old messages.

Please let me know if you need any assistance with the settings on your blog.

Take care.

Yeah, we didn't turn on the Chat feature, because we still don't have any idea how to moderate it properly. Things said in a chat room aren't recorded permanently, which means someone has to be there continuously to make sure nothing inappropriate is said.

The conversion process only took the old "profile picture"; the old "avatar" is gone, and the profile picture is used for both purposes. That's why my pink and blue yin-yang is replaced by this close-up shot of my forehead ... ;-) I'm not sure about why you're having trouble uploading a new picture, though.

It would probably be best for us to wait until you and either Beth or I are online at the same time. I don't want to unlock your blog unless you're there to immediately change the privacy setting to what you want. I'll try to stay connected more today, so you have a chance at that. Are you only able to be online after dark (your time) during Ramadan? That might make it easier to try Beth in our morning and me in the evening, keeping in mind that we're probably about 6 hours behind you.