Mental Support Community

Is this familiar to you too?

medlem

I'm learning ways to cope with this like all the time but even if i find something, i can't stick to it. Or even if it hink of something, every time i have to think of it from beginning, i can't keep nothing in my mind. Even if i write it down it doesn't work, nex time when i overread i don't really understand what exactly did i mean by that or it doesn't seem to make any sense no more.

I'm trying to find some stability for my mind but i haven't yet. I don't know how to live

And how can you live with your nearest in peace? How can we ever be normal/chill. I honestly don't know

Some ppl say bipolar is not who you are. I don't really understand where do i end and where it starts.. i am who i am, i am the way i am. and how can i ever change it..? i know i should, but it feels more like mind breaking,.

Sorry you’re having this difficulty, medlem.

You wrote:

Some ppl say bipolar is not who you are. I don't really understand where do i end and where it starts.. i am who i am, i am the way i am. and how can i ever change it..? i know i should, but it feels more like mind breaking,.

I can understand feeling like I don’t know who I am and like my mind is breaking – or has broken. For me it was the trauma and dissociation. I don’t know how it gets worked out in bipolar, unfortunately. How to attain stability – that may be a common concern but the ways to get there may be different.

I’ve been doing better recently. Because we have a common concern with my mother’s health, my sister and my aunt have adjusted somewhat, too. I have felt calm within myself – although somewhat concerned with how they would react. But I’ve been willing to accept their rejection rather than give up any more of myself (again).

Still, I don’t think that we will be close after my mother passes away. That’s just a sadness that I will have to live with. I have my cats and some other friends here. And some calm. I tried – and can’t live – torn apart inside in order to get along with them.

Hello DD.!

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties!

I tried – and can’t live – torn apart inside in order to get along with them.

I know what you mean. It's something that i have on my mind too but i got to get along with my nearest. And i still believe that i can before i've done all that i can.

Those who have this manic depression should gain rutine somehow. When you're feeling manic, or more clever - not to give into it; likewise, if you're feeling sad, not to give into it. we can also help reign in the extreme poles of our condition by maintaining our routine.!

- This is the best and most true advice ever.

I can tell that this is how i'm living, but unfortuantelly i can't live like this in peace for long. When i live in rutine somehow, i start to freak our because of the reason that i don't know what to do..

So, honestly i really don't know what to do.

To let my moods be?? To let my feelings flow.?? That would be beautiful, but at the same time it would distroy my life and everything that means a lot to me. It's unacceptable..

• 1 month later...

Medlem, is there somebody to whom you can talk about this? If not a counselor/therapist, then a close friend. I have bipolar and I'm careful not to say "I'm bipolar", because that would mean to me there's nothing more to me than my disorder. i think that's what people mean by "bipolar is not who you are". It would be like defining yourself by your nationality or religion or height or hair color...

Many of us find it helpful to stick to a routine - going to bed and waking up at about the same time, taking meds at same time, etc. This is not easy, and I don't beat myself up if i occasionally break the routine.

I've found mindfulness meditation very helpful. You can probably Google it or look for a book called "The Mindful Way to treat Depression" in your library or bookstore.