Mental Support Community

Same social media click atmosphere

PriddyBoy

Last time I logged in was month's ago. Stopped looking for replies to my post when it was obvious to me that I had to be accepted or meet the criteria of the senior folks to get any sort of a response to my post or maybe nobody gave a rats ass.

Maybe I'm not sick enough or whatever the case may be but it's obvious just like many other social media outlet's you've either got to conform or reform to be acknowledged nothing new here . So I will be logging off perm.............

Hello, PB,

for the case you'd come here someday again, I'd like to write some words to you, too...

I'm sorry you feel (/felt?) the way you do (/did?) :(. Maybe you could help me (and yourself) to understand why. What could we do differently to avoid making you (or maybe also others) feel this way??

You said:

it was obvious to me that I had to be accepted or meet the criteria of the senior folks to get any sort of a response to my post

From what this was "obvious" to you? Where can you see any "criteria"?

Maybe I'm not sick enough or whatever the case may be

I'm quite sure people here don't differentiate like this. Mainly; who could tell what is "enough"??? There are no "criteria" of this kind here, as far as I know. I'm sorry you perceived it differently, but maybe by trying to analyze the reasons, you could understand it better and even find out another perspective...

you've either got to conform or reform to be acknowledged

This sounds interesting to me. In my opinion, it is often so in society, probably in many communities, but I'm sad that somebody perceives this as valid also for this community. It could be useful to 'talk' about it more, if you were willing to log in again...

DD and PP have already explained here the reasons why we don't reply to everything. Yes, sadly, it happens that some members don't receive replies for a long time, or some posts remain without replies even forever. But that doesn't mean lack of care. It's just a sad coincidence; nobody from the people who have read it was able to bring something "worth to write". (We are all human and not ... "omniscient" or some kind of "reactions / replies to everything producing machines", which you surely know.)

If I may ask: What have you mainly been seeking in this community? (Acceptance, insights, communication, suggestions, ... ?)

Well, I realized that it might be rather improbable that you'll come back to answer my questions... Yet, there might be something I could do for you also in this case:

I suppose that the main problem of this community is that it's rather small; there are not enough members to ensure many answers to every post. But there are also some bigger forums of this kind - with more active members, so there you might feel better in this regard. As far as I know (I may be wrong), the biggest one is at PsychCentral and also depressionforums has a bigger community than our mentalsupport.

I hope you'll find what you need; either here or on other web-sites. But most of all; in your everyday ("off-line") life... :)

Take care!