Mental Support Community

I can't access my own Blog!

Buttons

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on this site for some time and when I logged back on, WHOA has it ever changed!! I am still figuring out how to use everything :S Anyway, I can't seem to access my own Blog entries, meaning old ones that I wrote before the site changed it's format. It's telling me that I don't have access to them. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi Buttons. :-)

We did have to convert the site to a new web host and new bulletin board software in a hurry this summer. Sorry about all the changes.

And the blog restriction is a workaround: the new software didn't honor blog privacy restrictions from the old site, so as a precaution, we disabled by hand all blogs that had restrictions. Unfortunately, the only way we could disable them was completely, which made them unavailable even to their owners.

So, there's a topic under Announcements, I think, where IrmaJean describes what to do. Basically, you need to coordinate with either Beth or me (by PM, for instance), so that we can re-enable your blog while you're online. Then, you can set the restrictions the way you want them, and it'll work.

I know it's a hassle, but it was the most secure thing we could find that would actually work.