Mental Support Community

Weekend entertainment

Luna-

PET RULES:

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - nose height.

Dear Dogs and Cats, The dishes with the paw prints are yours and

contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.

Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate of food

does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I

find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.

Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help

because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very

sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch

to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball

when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each

other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that

sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other

end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom.

If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut,

it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get

your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit

through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for

years--canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or

cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

Cat's Version of the House Rules

BATHROOMS: Always accompany guests to the bathroom. It is not necessary to do anything. Just sit and stare.

DOORS: Do not allow any closed doors in any room. To get the door open, stand on hind legs and hammer with forepaws. Once door is opened, it is not necessary to use it. After you have ordered an "outside" door opened, stand halfway in and out and think about several things. This is particularly important during very cold weather, rain, snow, or mosquito season.

CHAIRS AND RUGS: If you have to throw up, get to a chair quickly. If you cannot manage in time, get to an Oriental rug. If there is no Oriental rug, a thick pile shaggy rug is good. When throwing up on the carpet, make sure you back up so the vomit is as long as a human's bare foot.

HAMPERING: If one of your humans is engaged in some activity, and the other is idle, stay with the busy one. This is called "helping," otherwise known as "hampering." Following are the rules for hampering:

1. When supervising cooking, sit just behind the left heel of the cook. You cannot be seen and thereby stand a better chance of being stepped on and then picked up and comforted.

2. For book readers, get in close under the chin, between eyes and book -- unless you can lie across the book itself.

3. When human is working at computer, jump up on desk, walk across keyboard, bat at mouse pointer on screen, and then lie in human's lap across arms, hampering typing in progress.

WALKING: As often as possible, dart quickly and as close as possible in front of the human, especially: on stairs, when they have something in their arms, in the dark, and when they first get up in the morning. This will help their coordination skills.

BEDTIME: Always sleep on the human at night so he/she cannot move around or breathe properly.

LITTER BOX: When using the litter box, be sure to kick as much litter out of the box as possible. The further it goes the better. Humans love the feel of kitty litter between their toes. Make sure when you pee that some of it sprays out of the litter tray onto the floor. Humans get great satisfaction seeing that puddle and having to clean it up.

HIDING: YES!

Every now and then, hide in a place where the humans cannot find you. Do not come out for three to four hours under any circumstances. This will cause the humans to panic (which they love) thinking that you have run away or are lost. Once you do come out, the humans will cover you with love and kisses, and you probably will get a treat.

ONE LAST THOUGHT: Whenever possible, get close to a human, especially their face, turn around, and present your backside to them. Humans love this, so do it often. And don't forget the guests.

IJ: websites, I search for 'mental health' or 'crazy' or 'psychiatrist' or some such term; I also get some from Facebook that my friends post.

ken, that is a great website. :) I have another from there I want to post but I can't get it to show up here - how do you do it? I can only save the image and post it as an attachment but then it doesn't come up full size like yours. If I click on the image icon above and enter the url, it just comes up with a tiny image icon but nothing else. Never mind, I figured it out

Edited as above.

I am still laughing at that last one. :lol:

This one is so small but maybe it will enlarge if you click on it?

550893_419689864746596_1163945994_n.jpg

ETA: it doesn't. If you can't see, it says We don't just embrace INSANITY here. We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Yes, those are pants on their heads.