Mental Support Community

PLEASE READ

rachel

Hi I came here to seek help for a problem that is plaguing me for two years. I love a girl (my best friend) two years ago, and she knows. But she does not feel the same for me, she loves me but only as a friend. I understand it, but I can not stand to live like this. I know I can not live If I see her dating someone. She is a lovely girl, and I know many boys want her. And it drives me crazy. I do not want to suffer anymore, it makes me sick. But if I "abandon" her, any idiot who approach her, she will end up creating links. What do I do?

I'm sorry this situation is bringing up painful feelings for you, Rachel. :(

If your friend does not share your feelings, there really isn't anything you can do to change how she feels. I understand this can be difficult to cope with and it hurts. :( We can only control our part of any relationship. If it feels too painful for you to continue a platonic friendship with her, maybe it would be best to let her go and focus on your needs? How can you take care of yourself through this?

Yesterday, I let her go, but I don't know if I made the right thing. I only know that my heart is totally broken :( I had a beautiful dream with her last night, and when I woke up and saw that was just a dream, the pain I felt :( it's the most horrible thing I have ever felt in my life. I still am feeling this pain. I want to die, but can't do this. I'm such a fool. My life is gone with her. "maybe it would be best to let her go and focus on your needs?" And if she is all I need? :( I don't have anyone, she was the only one. I don't care for anything in this world, only her. What do I do now? I can't live with this pain :((((((((((((

I'm sorry you're hurting so much. :( I struggle a lot myself with loss. I hear you that this is painful and difficult.

I don't care for anything in this world, only her. What do I do now? I can't live with this pain

Can you care for yourself? Are you able to see the good things your friendship brought out in you? I understand that it may feel unbearable at this point in time. Grieving can be a very bumpy road. It's okay to allow all of your feelings. Be very gentle with yourself, if you can, and keep expressing yourself, if it helps.

Sending care to you.

• 9 months later...