Mental Support Community

3 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Yes, there are a variety of vegan pizzas on the market now and different ways to make cheese. :)

I like the running man. :-) Maybe I could add a few more of these cute emojis to the software.

i'm just happy your husband isn't vegan lol. and one can never have too many smileys. :)

43 minutes ago, jazz said:

I like vegetarian pizza, there is one called the fiorentina which is very tasty. Happy Eater - I mean Easter everyone :D

fiorentina... this reminds of the team when batistuta used to play there in his prime. the italian league was something else then. i remember the competition for best striker between batistuta, bierhoff and shevchenko. their league sucks now and has sucked for years. my life was still shit then, but less so than now. we were so naive... sigh.

No but that sounds good ? 

The only thing I know about soccer ⚽️ is that when World Cup is going on in August it gives guys the excuse to drink ? at 7am because some bars will open for it.  

Speaking of beer I didn't have any last night which is good 'cause I didn't want to go 2 nights in a row.  But I woke up way too early.  Sigh always something.  

• 2 weeks later...

No beer last night which was good 'cause it was Friday & I could have.  

Going through a shitty time, nothing specifically horrible but just a general depression thinking nothing is ever really going to change.  But I will continue to do my best for what's it worth because no one has a crystal ball, maybe I will catch a break.  

Thanks for the kind words ?.

I did have some beers last night BUT at least it was out at a bar w some friends I have not seen in a awhile.  So gotta take the good w the bad.  My head is killing me today, my tolerance is not what it used to be.  

Gonna keep working & keep trying to make things better and improve my life.  

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update while I have my Sunday morning coffee.  I have been doing really well w my intention to lay off the beer.  

It has been fairly easy as I have not had a strong desire for it thank God.  I joined a private FB group for non drinkers and that has helped reinforce my decision.  So that part of my life has been going well but believe me plenty of other stuff has not but I am coping and sometimes that is the best you can hope for.  

Wishing everyone well.  

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of the opposite, I used to never drink coffee until about 2 years ago when I did not have access to tea. I started drinking coffee and was delighted to find it helped with my gastrointestinal problems. It's an essential part of my morning now and the one thing I look forward to waking up. 

It's strange...my heritage is Scots-Irish and Native American, yet I've never suffered alcohol addiction. I don't even really like the taste of most of it, although I do drink it at night some. My family has a history of alcoholics, but fortunately it never got me. All of my vice went to sexual obsession and perversion.

I like tea as well. I didn't really start drinking it until about a year ago but now I have a cup almost daily.

Coffee is my morning drink. I'll sip on coffee throughout the entire day at work but strangely I seldom drink it at home.

I am not going to lie, I like alcohol. I am a big fan of bourbon but I have a "rule" where I only drink it when I'm not working the next day. I also don't drink large quantities at a time. A couple of "two finger" glasses of bourbon is about it for me.

11 hours ago, lostboy1 said:

I am not going to lie, I like alcohol. I am a big fan of bourbon but I have a "rule" where I only drink it when I'm not working the next day.

That is a good rule lostboy.  I have 3 days off next week for Halloween and I will almost certainly have a few Natural Light on Sunday.  See I am 55 years old it doesn't take much to affect me.  Back in the day I used to love bourbon, scotch, Irish whiskey, jaegermeister.  Now just thinking about it gives me a headache!