Victimorthecrime

Beer

193 posts in this topic

I didn't see Truman but I know about it. There was a reality show called Joe Schmo where one only guy was a legit contestant and everyone else was in on it and they just fucked w his head endlessly.  Granted there were some funny moments but I thought it was horribly cruel.  He got $100K which after taxes is more like $60K and I felt it was much too low for what they put him through.  Kind of sums up life - the payday pales in comparison to the pain. 

It's now 2am and I have not had any beer after all.  I might have one if don't get to sleep soon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

but he knows he's the only contestant, right?

 

29 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Kind of sums up life - the payday pales in comparison to the pain. 

what payday? i wasn't told about any payday! :sfun_banghead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right the Joe Schmo guy was the only real contestant. The rest were actors.  

I hear ya about the payday thing. Hang in there.  I'm in a down mood myself so no words of wisdom from me.  😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just frustrated w my lack of progress on any front.  This house is cluttered and has some disrepair, I don't like the neighborhood anymore (over developed too many people - loud & congested), my job is a dead end & I worry about layoffs, I have no social life to speak of. The only good is my diet and laying off the drinking. Oh and I saved a little, and I do mean little, bit of money just from being a hermit.  Actually as I write this I feel mostly ok because I had a decent day at work & I have couple of days off this week and will see a friend for some fun - beer and movies kind of thing.  But the overall situation still remains the same.  

How about you? Will you move to a new country this year?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victimorthecrime said:

How about you? Will you move to a new country this year?  

yes; there has been progress, so most probably march or april.

Victimorthecrime likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a few days off, now it's back to work. Hey, I'm just glad to have a job to go to and I did have fun catching up w friends & aquantances and just kicking back & having a few Miller Lite.  No harm done as long as it is an occasional vacation thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some Miller Lite last night and it was stupid because I really could have just gone to bed but I just felt like having them and putting some music on the stereo so that is what I did.  It was fun and I don't have much fun in life so that's how that goes. 

Now today I am feeling somewhat lousy and I am not sure how much of it is attributable to the hangover vs the last remnant of this headcold.  If I can get nap I will probably feel better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

I had some Miller Lite last night and it was stupid because I really could have just gone to bed but I just felt like having them and putting some music on the stereo so that is what I did.  It was fun and I don't have much fun in life so that's how that goes. 

Now today I am feeling somewhat lousy and I am not sure how much of it is attributable to the hangover vs the last remnant of this headcold.  If I can get nap I will probably feel better.  

Did the same thing with Corona a few weeks ago. Although some beers are worth the headache...almost lol. Miller Genuine Draft was an old favorite too, can't beat a cold one of those bad boys. I find if I get back to sleep after the first time I wake up, I'm fine. If I don't get back to sleep I end up anxious and stressed out until I've slept again. 

retr0john and Victimorthecrime like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drinking is definitely a younger mans game. It's been years since I've been buzzed, decades since I've been drunk. But a cold Guinness Extra Stout and a tasty cigar is still much enjoyed in my dusky relaxation room. I start a little fire in the wood stove and put some quiet music on. AAAHHHHHH.

 

Heck victim it's been a long time since you've posted you've had even a slight hang over. If this helped you relax and listen to a little music it couldn't be all bad.

Victimorthecrime and Small like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a snow day here and my office was closed and I knew that would happen so last night I did have 4 Miller Lite not bad because I really slept late this morning.  

There is some good news: I got a workout in shoveling snow and I have no desire to drink, doing just fine w decaf coffee ☕.  And the weekend will be here in 3 days.  Also I have been doing pretty good sticking to a semi vegetarian diet.  I eat lots of eggs, pasta, cheese, rice, puzza, nuts and of course fruits & veggies. It helps me feel better and I have lost a few pounds.  

Also pleased that I got over this cold w/o needing antibiotics.  I have 4 days off starting 3-24-17 so I am looking forward to that.  

YahwehOrTheHighway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2017 at 8:05 PM, Victimorthecrime said:

I had a snow day here and my office was closed and I knew that would happen so last night I did have 4 Miller Lite not bad because I really slept late this morning.  

There is some good news: I got a workout in shoveling snow and I have no desire to drink, doing just fine w decaf coffee ☕.  And the weekend will be here in 3 days.  Also I have been doing pretty good sticking to a semi vegetarian diet.  I eat lots of eggs, pasta, cheese, rice, puzza, nuts and of course fruits & veggies. It helps me feel better and I have lost a few pounds.  

Also pleased that I got over this cold w/o needing antibiotics.  I have 4 days off starting 3-24-17 so I am looking forward to that.  

I'm on a fresh orange juice kick atm. I've cut down on coffee, but I have the odd one. I'm off the booze except for special occasions, can't bear the hangovers. The booze is a funny old dog, the pros don't outweigh the cons for me and yet I miss it every day. The thing about doing what's good for you is that it's so fucking boring haha, and yet alcohol dependency is no picnic either. It's a case of being shit if you do and shit if you don't. Although I think I'll start exercising again, that always made me feel good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alcohol drains me of my energy, both mental & physical. It can be fun once in a while but the price for me is high.  Thankfully right now I am at a place where I am not craving it.  There are other things I want to focus on and accomplish.  

YahwehOrTheHighway likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night was Friday night (and St  Patrick's Day) and I did not drink. So that is good. Now if I can get through today I will be pleased.  The good news is I am not craving it.

See what happened was in Feb I had 5 days off and right then some stressful things occurred so that double whammy had me drinking again. But now things have settled down somewhat and I am getting back to where I was before - not drinking & not wanting to drink.  I need my body to be strong & my head to be clear so I can handle my daily life better.  

In my mind I am imagining someone reading this and wondering "what is the big deal?".  The reason it is a big deal is the significant difference between how I occur in the world when sober vs drinking.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx Beth.  So far so good. Made it to the Giant, got a nap, did some stretching and did a little bit of planning.  Just chilling out watching basketball 🏀 and drinking decaf ☕.  Feeling no urge for booze.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now