Mental Support Community

to admins

Resolute

by what are member titles determined?

if it's by number of posts,then there definately seems to be some inconsistencies.

same thing if it's by length of membership.

so what is it?

why am still a junior member?

i mean it doesn't make much difference,but i just don't like being a "junior" anything.

Member titles are entirely a function of the software we use. I believe it's number of posts, though there may be a minimum "age" built in as well (to avoid "promoting" people just because they post a lot.)

And "seniority" is a fairly meaningless concept, anyway; at best it would mean that you had been on a mental health support site longer (in some sense) than someone else.

I can guarantee that you're not being held back, much less for any personal reason.

Member titles are entirely a function of the software we use. I believe it's number of posts, though there may be a minimum "age" built in as well (to avoid "promoting" people just because they post a lot.)

And "seniority" is a fairly meaningless concept, anyway; at best it would mean that you had been on a mental health support site longer (in some sense) than someone else.

I can guarantee that you're not being held back, much less for any personal reason.

well malign,you're a software engineer and an admin here,and even you don't know how this software works;i suspect it's not doing it's job properly.

but,as you said perhaps seniority here isn't that crucial.

and it never occurred to me that i was being held back intentionally.

Well, I'm glad you weren't taking it personally. To me, that would be the important thing.

I am (or have been) a software engineer, but that doesn't mean I've spent the time poring over the source code for this web-mess we use for a billboard. We get hosting and the software from a company that offers them fairly cheaply, and it seems to allow people to post and reply, which is the main point. This whole thing functions without fund-raising or advertising, so we didn't go for top-of-the-line.

Well, I'm glad you weren't taking it personally. To me, that would be the important thing.

I am (or have been) a software engineer, but that doesn't mean I've spent the time poring over the source code for this web-mess we use for a billboard. We get hosting and the software from a company that offers them fairly cheaply, and it seems to allow people to post and reply, which is the main point. This whole thing functions without fund-raising or advertising, so we didn't go for top-of-the-line.

ya,i guess i have to live with the fact that only top-of-the-line stuff can keep up with me;it's a curse,and a blessing :D .