Mental Support Community

Job fears

Victimorthecrime

School, at least when I went, seemed designed to wring every last ounce of ambition, enthusiasm, and passion out of you. No wonder so many guys never pursued employment skills. They had been neutered of the learning drive.

"I felt like a trapped animal stuck inside all summer" - that is awful mts. The summers of my boyhood were some of the few really good times of my life. I hope you get out there and make up for it real soon buddy.

I would love to find a job I actually enjoy. I has too often eluded me but I haven't given up yet. Pray for a bolt of lightning to illuminate this dark landscape, if only for a moment.

School, at least when I went, seemed designed to wring every last ounce of ambition, enthusiasm, and passion out of you. No wonder so many guys never pursued employment skills. They had been neutered of the learning drive.

"I felt like a trapped animal stuck inside all summer" - that is awful mts. The summers of my boyhood were some of the few really good times of my life. I hope you get out there and make up for it real soon buddy.

I would love to find a job I actually enjoy. I has too often eluded me but I haven't given up yet. Pray for a bolt of lightning to illuminate this dark landscape, if only for a moment.

Thank you. And you. You'll get there, at least I hope so, or if not there somewhere else good.

Neutered of the learning drive lol well put.

Oh I feel like continuing to write things but life is groaning at me to do things and attend to annoying situations and so on.

Wow things really went south for you resolute. Sometimes the darkest hour is just before dawn.

things were never really "north" for me in the first place, and i've been at rock bottom more times than i can count. i used to think there might be a "dawn" at some point, but i can't get myself to believe it anymore.

things were never really "north" for me in the first place, and i've been at rock bottom more times than i can count. i used to think there might be a "dawn" at some point, but i can't get myself to believe it anymore.

I hear ya, loud and clear.

You mentioned you did some traveling in the past. Anyway you could get away? Perhaps visit w a relative or old friend for a month? A change of scene might do you good.

I sometimes wonder if we would be better off going back to the days of the 1950s and 60s where college was for the wealthy, the elites, and a handful of prodigies. Here's why: all this forced higher education of the masses has done is to create who people who are now able to fully contemplate and express the misery of their situation. Many pick up life long addictions to drugs and alcohol in college. The time would have been better spent experiencing the bumps and bruises of the real world and learning a real skill or trade with which to earn a living.

• 2 weeks later...

They have me in "coaching" sessions 2-3 times a week and I think I am learning & doing well but who knows? No one has said anything about my job being secure.

The only semi-good thing is that I have turned into a major tight wad and am spending less but somehow am not really saving anything either - my bills easy match my income.

The only other good thing is that the longer I am there the more time I can say I put in working in Medicare and hopefully that could lead to something else, another job. But I can see why guys "give up" go on food stamps etc because this system is no-win save for the very few.