Mental Support Community

7 Years Going Strong.

jerinladd15

Since 6th grade I've been bullied. Verbal, cyber, you name it. Everything from stealing my crutches and laughing at me when horribly injured to stealing thingd from my backpack and locker to leave nasty notes and poems in them. I still see daily abuse through ostracizing and exclusion. How do I deal with this for the remainder of my senior year?

I have experienced a lot of (adult) bullying. Earlier I used to brood over these incidents for hours/days after they happened. But later I kept a diary, and realized that writing down my thoughts is helpful.

I don't know of a sure shot way to stop these incidents... but maybe you could try taking the police's help. There could be some law they are breaking, like stealing/harassment (stealing of crutches). It depends if the officer you approach is sympathetic and understands what you are going through. He may not book them, but maybe give an official warning (which could be helpful).

• 1 month later...

I'm so sorry you are going through this and my heart goes out to you. I was bullied a lot in grade school/middle school into high school. I became very withdrawn and wary of people as a result. I am 30 and only began to heal (socially) in the past couple of years. It could have been sooner, but I became very self destructive and hateful to cope with being rejected. My only advice for you would be to try and find ways to preserve your self worth in the middle of all of this. If you have any supportive relationships, talk about how you feel and what is going on. You said it's your senior year - presumably you will never have to deal with these people in a school environment again. You could focus on your plans after graduation. Life is so much different after high school. Keep reaching out for support. You could let adults/authorities know if they are doing things that endanger you like taking your crutches and stealing. Is there a guidance counselor in your school? Perhaps you could make an appointment to talk with them. Just getting one sympathetic adult to listen to you may help the situation.