Mental Support Community

Mood swings because I feel like everyone has rejected me

3eto

I've read through your link, 3eto. Putting aside what others on the internet have said, how do you feel? If your struggles are causing distress in your life, I would recommend getting professional help. I don't think there is any way any of us could know from here. We can support you and listen, though. How is your life otherwise? Do you have supportive family and friends?

Take care, 3eto.

What would you say is the difference between "imbalance in brain chemicals" and "personality problem"?

I'm not saying that they're the same thing; I'm just curious what you would say the difference is.

To me, either option means that there's something you can do about it. And, I doubt that any problem is so clear-cut that only one solution exists. Most problems can be attacked from several directions at once, if the resources are available.

• 2 months later...

What would you say is the difference between "imbalance in brain chemicals" and "personality problem"?

I'm not saying that they're the same thing; I'm just curious what you would say the difference is.

To me, either option means that there's something you can do about it. And, I doubt that any problem is so clear-cut that only one solution exists. Most problems can be attacked from several directions at once, if the resources are available.

I'm glad you mentioned something about this. I think I have some personality problems that I have developed. When I get close to someone I get very easily annoyed with them. It makes me fear for my future marriage and even having kids. I'm not engaged but I hope to be married someday. I often feel like people are too predictable and I get bored with them. I often blame it on my bipolar depression... but I don't know.