Mental Support Community

I don't know what to do

kplumbers

Recently I've been struggling a lot with anxiety (mostly affects school) that has been partially created by my mother who is very firm on the "get stuff done" front (my anxiety makes it difficult for me to get stuff done). i right now have a ton of scholarship forms to fill out and i need to get a transcript and a recommendation from my guidance counselor and/or a teacher and i need them by tuesday (today is sunday) which is probably not going to happen but i don't know how to tell my mother that i can't do all of these scholarships because she has been asking me to get them for a while but i've been so preoccupied with school and my many activities and also trying to figure out how to tell my mom that I have anxiety that i just haven't gotten around to it until now and i didn't know that they were due this wednesday and so now i'm screwed and i have no clue what to do. i know this doesn't seem like a major major issue but i'm honestly really anxious and scared right now and i don't know what to do.

well, i guess it's wednesday so this might be a little late. but try to focus on what matters in life. not to say that scholarships and a good education don't -but that family, health, friends and your own fulfillment and happiness matter more.

my advice is to tell your mom what you're struggling with and try meditation and relaxation techniques. As well, try not to get lost worrying about things that don't trulyy matter in life.

you may be predisposed to anxiety, but that doesn't mean you have to give in to that feeling. refocus on something else when it comes in and don't feed that monster.

all the best