Mental Support Community

farewell

Resolute

• 6 months later...

i'm sorry it had to come to this, kling. i hope you'll reconsider, even if later. i'm sure you know that some of us value your input.

anyway, i'm sorry i couldn't be of any help. take care, man.

p.s., i strongly advise against castration, or anything of the sort. while it might seem viable, i'm sure the cons would outweigh the pros.

On March 27, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Klingcorn said:

I want to apologize to anyone I've made feel worse. I'm sorry for contributing to this community. It is clear to me now that my values and approach to therapy and support are diametrically opposed to the methods most members here find useful. 

I want to also reiterate once again that I am not "negative" for the sake of being negative. Negativity is just as limiting and useless for real healing as delusional, dogmatic optimism. My only concern is with reality. I have been down every dead-end road that has been espoused here for coping with a small penis and feelings of inferiority, and they all end at the same place for me. However, for some people, these roads may lead to brighter places. 

Additionally, I am not here to "debate". Something is either true or it's not. A false thing is simply null, and merits no consideration. If by sharing thoughts on a topic we can get nearer to the truth, then it is a worthwhile pursuit. If it's done to "prove" a certain viewpoint or to defend a personal "belief", then it's egoism and pointless.

So I apologize. I realize now nothing I say is helpful or sought, and there is nothing here that can offer myself anything in the way of support. 

I will most likely undergo some form of castration at some point to reduce my sex drive and constant thoughts about sex, or circumstances may leave me no other option but suicide. My life will not get any better, and I have proven to myself that I am incapable of living a pure life free from these obsessions. I have been a coward about it for so long, but the things I have done may force it. 

Continuing to post here would be selfish and fruitless and probably out of egoism. I will likely continue to read some topics and try to keep up with certain members.

Thank you IrmaJean for your tolerance. 

Thank you. 

Have appreciated your input here, K.  Hope you stick around; best wishes to you, though, whatever course you take.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read through this topic a few times since I stumbled on this place. Started to respond a couple times, but failed, until now.   

First, from a selfish note, I want to say how fortunate I feel that members like Resolute, Klingsor, Victim, RJ, Beth and so on are still here with us and posting. I feel strangely empowered by reading your thoughts and opinions. 

Second, I am ashamed to admit that when I was young, I harshly judged and criticized those who even considered ending their life. Lots of reasons why I did that. However, my life experiences has allowed me to see things from a different perspective. My judgement has been replaced with empathy & true heartache to see others in that space.  

1 hour ago, Klingsor said:

However, since most people would find the act repulsive, the "truth" is ransomed to collective opinion, and the terminal resort to force is imposed to validate that "truth". Thus, reality, never able to remain hidden from view, rears it's head inevitably. 

Hope it's ok to quote you on this (I'll delete if you'd prefer), 

So much of our life is controlled by the "beliefs" or opinions of those in control. This issue is a growing source of anger and frustration for me, particularly when the control is directed at something that only directly impacts the individual. I can see the need to put controls on what we do to others. In those cases, it's still going to be a debate that is decided by the majority or the majority of force, but I can accept that. What I can't accept is when the majority or majority of force controls what we do for ourselves and to ourselves. It is almost always justified by being in "all of our best interests" and individually the decisions are often small and seemingly meaningless. But collectively it is a huge source of control.  

57 minutes ago, tcnewexp said:

Second, I am ashamed to admit that when I was young, I harshly judged and criticized those who even considered ending their life. Lots of reasons why I did that. However, my life experiences has allowed me to see things from a different perspective. My judgement has been replaced with empathy & true heartache to see others in that space.  

i used to be religious, and even tho things like suicide are generally condemned by most religions, i still felt that under certain circumstances people should be allowed to end their life, and even assisted in it. (my current position is that assisted suicide should be available to everyone regardless of circumstances)

believe it or not, i have become more open and understanding (or at least tolerant) of different views and beliefs ever since i stopped being a theist.

@Resolute, I was brought up as a fundamentalist Christian, which obviously impacted my initial beliefs about suicide. Most of my family still holds those beliefs. Since about 15, I've slowly migrated to being agnostic. They look at me as a lost soul. Lots of frustrating conversations. Finally had to point blank say I won't come visit if you insist on "saving" me. We can talk about family, work, health, hell (pun intended) even politics, but no more discussion on religion. 

@Klingsor, I agree with your point that if two people are going to retain their belief no matter what is said, argument and debate is pointless.  The point was not lost due to who the quote was from. 

35 minutes ago, RogerJolly said:

Agreed - I also don't think the point was lost.

For my part, I think that the (true) function of debate is often rather misunderstood. There are - probably - very few people who will listen to or participate in arguments with a truly open mind, and reach conclusions based on a truly dispassionate assessment. People have up-front beliefs and tend not to be open to radical persuasion, in my experience. At best people might be influenced to some minor degree in their thinking - they might shift a little here and there.

So the function of debate is perhaps just to know what other people are thinking?

(And, to that extent, to be more prepared to answer the "enemy opinion"...:unsure:)

No doubt people very rarely truly listen and participate in debate with an open mind. While they bring in their beliefs, I think it's ego/pride that prevent them from accepting another point of view while actually in the debate.  What I have noticed, is that some, more open minded people, will reflect on the debate/argument later and will consider some of the counter arguments.  Kind of a delayed affect when they are no longer protecting their ego. 

On a side note, it's always been amazing to me to watch people, sometimes very intelligent people, arrange "facts" to support their beliefs/opinions.  Some blatantly ignore opposing "facts" and only focus on the supporting ones, or they literally twist the "facts" to support their position. As a parent, I see kids do this all the time, but they are not skilled enough yet to make it believable to others. But remarkably, the kids truly believe their argument is "true" and the right answer. Adults tend to be just as bad, but many are just more skilled at manipulating "facts" to support their position. 

Edit - I'm sure I do this but just don't realize it. In a group setting, I can sense my ego take over and I'll become less open minded. Later I feel like such as ass for doing that.