Mental Support Community

Support

IrmaJean

As many of you already know, one of our community members recently wrote very openly about considering suicide. I know this has been distressful to me so I wonder if others here may have a need to talk more about this. I wanted to open up a space here for all of us to express feelings and support one another. Feel free to share if it might help to talk. We can be here for one another.

I hope everyone takes care of themselves. I hope that on a support site we remember that there is a real person out there typing.

It is all too easy to paint a bleak scenario in this world. Look at Kurt Cobain who had looks, money, fame, talent, tons of support from people who care but in the end his own mind defeated him.

Enjoy your life. Appreciate yourself. You have as much right to be here than anyone else.

As far as problems go, there are so many resources available on the internet that never existed in the past. Utilize all the techniques, tactics, approaches, thought processes and actions that have worked for others. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

You have a positive outlook Victim that I feel is healthy. I have the same hope as you, that everyone takes care of themselves.

It's true that depression and mental illness can affect any human being.

I always hope to be able to reach a person who is hurting, but I know too that isn't always possible.

Not knowing is always hard, I hear you. :( I have the hope that resolute changes his mind and chooses to live. Maybe he will open up to his brother?

For us, we take a risk when we open our hearts and care about another person. We embrace life in this, though, I feel. It's a choice I would make again and again.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope that Resolute is okay and that the reason for his absence is that he doesn't have internet access right now. I hope he knows that if he changed and didn't go through with it he has no need to feel 'embarrassed' about coming back here - I for one would welcome him with open arms.

I pray that all the hurting people on this forum may find peace inside themselves, and happiness.

• 1 month later...

Maybe going through something like that can change the course of a persons life. Hopefully he's ok. I've needed a break from here it got too sad and painful lately, over fifty percent of the users that I regularly spoke to are gone now.

I would like to see people here get better, or if not then I hope you at least find some peace and comfort.

It can be a process, healing. I have been feeling deeply saddened too, but I know I will work through this and find my way back to my loving and giving self. Change and loss can be difficult and painful, but our community can come together and be here for one another. We have always done that; it's the spirit of our community. I still believe in the gift of love and care for our fellow journeyers.

It's good to hear from you, mts, and I hope one day soon we will hear from resolute again.