Mental Support Community

whining thread

Resolute

My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall. I love seeing all of the new life and nature in the springtime and I enjoy the crisp air and colors of the fall. Not surprisingly, I don't enjoy the extremes as much. However, newly fallen snow can be very beautiful and there are some pleasant memories now. I've always enjoyed the silence that seems to be present in the middle of a snowstorm. Peaceful.

We owned a Peugeot once many years ago. As I recall, the parts were both difficult to find as well as expensive here in the US.

I love cherry blossoms. :)

10 minutes ago, IrmaJean said:

We owned a Peugeot once many years ago. As I recall, the parts were both difficult to find as well as expensive here in the US.

peugeot-citroen has a ten year plan to get back to north america. peugeot was never known for its quality, policies and strategies. but maybe they're turning a new leaf with their current manager. the company struggled for a while and went to near bankruptcy, but with the governments help, and new leadership, they're doing much better. they (psa, the mother company) even bought opel and vauxhall from general motors recently, and they're interested in purchasing proton, a malaysian car manufacturer.

1 hour ago, IrmaJean said:

However, newly fallen snow can be very beautiful and there are some pleasant memories now. I've always enjoyed the silence that seems to be present in the middle of a snowstorm. 

I love cherry blossoms. :)

Totally agree, there is something special about snowfall over the landscape, silent yet crispy underfoot. Have had virtually no snow this winter though.

Also love the magnolia trees and camellias at this time of year, have seen some lovely ones in the last few weeks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello all. sorry for my tardiness but i've been busy lately. anyway, i'm happy to report that i'm finally where i wanna be geographically lol. it took me about two years, but i'm finally here. let's see what's in store for me; the next few weeks should tell.

i hope everyone is doing well; and i wouldn't mind people posting updates here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 5:33 PM, m.allen said:

He is planning on ending his life this Sunday, I hope he won't be upset that I am telling others this, but I'm really worried he's making a huge mistake here. I'd appreciate it if you guys could all send him your support too by whatever means you can.

i just saw this now, and i must say i'm disappointed and upset. didn't expect it from you.

Hello everyone,

Resolute had asked for this to be kept private. Since it is out I felt I should I say a word. We had a lengthy friendship both on and off the MSC over the years. I know therefore, that he was in difficult circumstances which might have bested the strongest of us. It is my deep regret to confirm that he has taken his own life in the early hours of Monday morning. My heart is heavy & I will miss him terribly. Please do not ask me for further details.

Thank you, @Small, for the information. It's better to know than to live in uncertainty, at least for me. (But there's no need for further details; I wouldn't ask...) I'm glad you decided not to keep it all confidential. One of the reasons is that now I know Res had some (at least two and maybe more) very good friends, which is... well, I'm not sure I can call it a consolation, but... perhaps I can. His life was so difficult, as you've also mentioned, he didn't have (as far as I know) any close friends or family members "around", so I'm very glad to hear that he had, at least, such good on-line friends. I hope all of you know and believe that none of you could have saved him. A friendship is very precious and can make a big difference, but there are things even the best friends cannot influence. 

My condolences to all of you...

722e65efdf0fb5b6bc88d6617f1871e7.jpg

Thanks for the update Small.  You didn't have to do it so it is very thoughtful of you.  

I am very sad.  Res had such a strong intellect, a brilliant mind.  It's a real loss. I really thought he had gotten past the dark days but as usual I was wrong.  I can't imagine what his family is going through.  

Stay safe and stay strong everyone.