Mental Support Community

My so called life

Small

So...here it goes. I woke up today at around 11am and lay in bed staring at the cracks in my ceiling. I somehow managed to convince myself that I was going to stay tucked in until late afternoon but wouldn't you know it, by 12 I was standing in my kitchen making breakfast. 3 toasts, 2 scrambled eggs and 2 cups of tea later I go back to my bedroom and study the cracks.

I suppose one can say that I'm in this constant state of regret and mourning. Who I once was and what I've become now. The Draco of old would have had a productive and fun weekend planned but his shell will see it a success if he manages to avoid the world altogether. Incidentally I've all but failed, because I have to visit my mum later, and drive to my nutritional clinic for my treatment.

My family and I usually have a big Christmas do planned, and I conceived an organised group we now call Santa Society. I of course am the head, and delegate all the fun tasks to my little helpers to ensure that everything runs smoothly. As well as the traditional gift swapping, I have included a secret santa ceremony to spice things up and the name pick is scheduled for the 8th of November following a special family breakfast at my parents place.

It's raining outside, and the wind is causing the branches of a tall tree across the street to dance against the cloudy sky. They're still green...Shouldn't they all but withered and fallen by now? That reminds me, I need to get my hair cut at some point this weekend too. So this was more of a diary entry than a recollection of my life's woes and misery. I'll be getting to it all soon enough because I have much to bloviate. Hope everyone is well, considering.

So...here it goes. I woke up today at around 11am and lay in bed staring at the cracks in my ceiling. I somehow managed to convince myself that I was going to stay tucked in until late afternoon but wouldn't you know it, by 12 I was standing in my kitchen making breakfast. 3 toasts, 2 scrambled eggs and 2 cups of tea later I go back to my bedroom and study the cracks.

I suppose one can say that I'm in this constant state of regret and mourning. Who I once was and what I've become now. The Draco of old would have had a productive and fun weekend planned but his shell will see it a success if he manages to avoid the world altogether. Incidentally I've all but failed, because I have to visit my mum later, and drive to my nutritional clinic for my treatment.

My family and I usually have a big Christmas do planned, and I conceived an organised group we now call Santa Society. I of course am the head, and delegate all the fun tasks to my little helpers to ensure that everything runs smoothly. As well as the traditional gift swapping, I have included a secret santa ceremony to spice things up and the name pick is scheduled for the 8th of November following a special family breakfast at my parents place.

It's raining outside, and the wind is causing the branches of a tall tree across the street to dance against the cloudy sky. They're still green...Shouldn't they all but withered and fallen by now? That reminds me, I need to get my hair cut at some point this weekend too. So this was more of a diary entry than a recollection of my life's woes and misery. I'll be getting to it all soon enough because I have much to bloviate. Hope everyone is well, considering.

I enjoy reading about the day to day aspects of others lives. Sometimes writing about things that have nothing to do with the 'main topic' can help clear our heads (I know first hand) and it's interesting to see what small (no pun) things are important enough to warrant writing about.

The way you write is beautiful and is very much in tune with how my mind thinks jumping from one subject to another. Do you have a job, I find staying busy helps with feeling low, as well as looking forward to something. For instance your Santa Society, do you at least enjoy participating and leading that?

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoy the Santa Society commotion at this time of year, it brings in me an unparalleled warmth of sentiment and nostalgia while I dutifully make the best of the festive season. The autumn and winter seasons have always brought a sense of vigour and purpose to me since I love the dark, the rain and the cold. I do have a job yes, I plan on writing a piece on that in some detail when I get the chance to sit down and pencil it in over a hot cup of tea.

I enjoy reading about the day to day aspects of others lives. Sometimes writing about things that have nothing to do with the 'main topic' can help clear our heads (I know first hand) and it's interesting to see what small (no pun) things are important enough to warrant writing about.

I couldn't agree more. I hope things are going well with you and the family.

I just got home from my parents house, placed my keys on the coffee table and am curled up on my brown sofa in front of my television as I write this. The rain is still drizzling from the dark clouds above, beating gently against my window to the far left. I can hear cars drive by outside, and between occasional sips of my sublimely concocted brew I tap away on the keypad of my phone to write this. Don't you just love the squishing sound tyres make against the wet road?

My flat is situated on the third floor of my building which houses 3 other flats. I have a lounge, kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom as well as a small storage room for supplies. It's cosy and borders grungy (not dirty) owing credit to the brown & orange decor. Despite looking eerily indistinguishable from the average found-footage horror flick, it's my safe haven. I prefer it over the plush detached properties I have to drive by to & from work.

Before I went to my parents house I went to the clinic for a treatment session, collecting an extra pouch to take to my local nurse to have it administered mid-week. I hate needles, and my arms are quickly looking like they were amputated from a life long drug addict and attached to my torso by a deranged German surgeon that was too squeamish to accurately enact his favourite film character from the human centipede.

There's something so comforting and intimate about a long bath isn't there? I'm about to take one soon, in a top secret manner that I discovered after a muay thai class when I was around 21. I add an extra curtain rail against the wall - side of the tub and use it to drape a curtain over the top, in conjunction with the one already in place on the open side. This creates a tent like effect that allows the water to stay warm for hours, as well as creating a sauna effect. I usually fill a pot of tea and take my phone to amuse myself which otherwise would see me falling asleep in a tub full of water soluble chemicals that are potent enough to wash the underbelly of a dozen oil streamers in the Pacific. God forbid....... Shush though, it's a secret. Does anyone else have something to suggest for me to try?

Two diary entries in one day, great. I've made the decision never to delete my entries on this thread, so I'm approaching the more meaningful things in my so called life in a manner befitting my comfort in the care to share world. Beware though, I'm boring & loserly.

actually, i suggest being careful with this tent thing. all the chemicals you mentioned could be potentially harmful in vapor form, specially when enclosed as such.

the best thing i read is:

I've made the decision never to delete my entries on this thread....

you brits... "tyres", "cheques", etc.. :P

Beware though, I'm boring & I'm loserly.

well, not everyone can be like me. :D

seriously though, how many of us here are actually "winners", or "winnerly"?

this takes me back to the days we first met on the forum... when i said you write like a girl. i still think that. :P;)