Mental Support Community

Planning. I'm not good at it.

Victimorthecrime

I did 1/2 the lawn yesterday and half today.  The today portion was quite challenging as the grass/weeds was tall, wet, and riddled w twigs and branches.  But I powered through.  

Then I got gas and went grocery shopping 🛒.  

I then treated myself to Starbucks and came home and did some straightening up.  It's raining now which is fine w me.  

I got together w a friend yesterday afternoon and that was fun.  

Life goes on. Just trying to do my best and accept the rest.  As I like to say:  I am only going to do what I am going to do, I am not going to do what I am not going to do and what's gonna happen is what's gonna happen.  That just resets me every time.  

Do people still read books? Like fiction, novels? I'm thinking of picking up writing again. More and more I think that's the best way to earn income for me. But I ask the question because it seems like video media dominates entertainment now. People seem to want short, straight to the point attention grabbers. With YouTube you can look up favorite scenes from movies without having to watch the movie. I went in Barnes and noble a while back and there was a good amount of people browsing and of course a herd of unattended children screeching and running around like animals. I just wonder if I could make a living writing. I'm trying to learn more about video creation aand animation, I think that would be cool too. Thoughts?

I still read some fiction. I just took one out of the library by Jay McInerney.  I also like Marisha Pessl.  Remember what Ernest Hemingway said "a writer is a man w a typewriter and a working wife".    I'm sure Papa was just deep in his cups being glib.  

Marc Andressen said "technology is eating the world".  Netscape founder and start-up investor.  

Video creation and animation sounds cool.  No idea if there is a buck 💲 in it or not.  

Hope things are ok Klingsor.  

I'm doing reasonably well ATM. Nothing great but ok.  Just somethings I wish I could make progress on but it is very slow going.  

Our children have all always been avid readers. We still visit Barnes and Noble regularly. I don’t often read books any longer myself, but I still enjoy a good romance novel now and then. I have a friend who indie published several books, though not sure how much profit she made. 

We watched a panel at the recent convention we attended about Japanese animation. It was informative and interesting. I hadn't realized just how complex the process was. The girls would love to have photoshop for art and animation, but it can be a bit pricey.

I think any medium of creative art is a form of self expression that can be invaluable. Best of luck with it, Klingsor.

Yes Turner Classic Movies is worthwhile.  I love the occasional cartoon or short film they throw in. They had one that showed life in Casa Blanca and Marrakech back in 1959 that interested me.  Sadly the movies I like tend to be shown late at night.  I am sure you can find movies galore on line Klingsor.

Yes I really am enjoying this weekend.  It is Sunday 9 am as I write this.  Any break is nice, any chance to relax a bit.  

I can see how you wouldn't have much time for reading Beth.  Your work schedule, the kids, the house, all the usual adult responsibilities.  

It is really cold here today.  I literally had to turn the heat on.  

They had an electronics recycling event near me today. I was able to unload a TV set, a printer, a computer monitor, electric heater, a vacuum cleaner and an old phone.  So nice to get rid of that dusty old junk & clear a bit of space in this house.  

So I am content.  Took a great nap, having tea ️, spoke w friend on the phone for a long time.  I wanted to get together but he is the one that is on full time mental health disability and he said he hasn't showered in 4 days and has no clean clothes and no money. I reminded him he can shower at the YMCA anytime but he said maybe tomorrow.  

Its all good though I am very content and just going w the flow. I have next Friday off so it is a four day week into a 4 day weekend thanks to Memorial Day.  I may run a few errands and do some chores but I am not going to pressure myself.  Need a break.  

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible.  Seems like a lot of us are struggling w various issues & situations.  

For me I have realized that there is no silver bullet, no magic pill, no philosophy that I can follow that makes things better.  My only hope is to do my best and hope for the best.   The better I take care of myself the more energy I will have and the inclined I will be to take action.  It's just that simple.  

I need to put aside things that accomplish nothing:  worry, regret, fear, and so on.  

I am only going to do what I am going to do, I am not going to do what I am not going to do and what's going to happpen is what's going to happen.  

Hello Weekend people wherever you may be!  

It's Saturday 9 am and I woke up at 7 am feeling very depressed BUT a little coffee ️ and thinking and while I am not dancing on the moon I am at least feeling ok.  

We are expecting thunderstorms here soon and I am hoping they hold out so I can mow the lawn.  I would do it now but it is too early. I don't want my neighbors to hate me.  These fuckers are sleeping off hangovers, not even joking. Things are cool right now and I want to keep it that way.  So the lawn can wait if it has to.  

Other than that just going w the flow.  Have a call into a friend but have about a million things to do and keep me busy if we don't catch up.  

Hope everyone is doing well.  

Go with the flow. Sounds like a good plan. Have any tips on just how to do that? :p Seriously, though, I think acceptance can be freeing, but letting go can still be a challenge for me. I'm glad you found a place of peace with yourself today.

I'm well. Weekends are usually very busy for me with work and home. Today, I was able to cut our backyard lawn after work. There's still more to do, but it will have to wait for now. I prefer to keep peace with the neighbors too. I actually still struggle some with conflict..

See you mention thunderstorms and now that makes me think of Small...⛆

Take care and I hope you enjoy your Sunday!🌞

12 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Go with the flow. Sounds like a good plan. Have any tips on just how to do that?

Practice!  😎

Those convenience stores are incredibly busy on the weekends.  I bet the day flys.  

Well it's Sunday morning and I am having coffee, just getting ready to run some errands and get some chores done.  Yesterday was fun, went for coffee w a friend.  Not really looking forward to the work week but such is life.  

• 2 weeks later...

It's Saturday again so welcome to the weekend people.  

I have discovered that I really am not good at planning in the sense of making specific plans.  Having specific time-sensitive plans stresses me out.  I am ok w a general flexible outline, one w lots of caveats because for me "doing" is key.  Whatever plan I have must be subordinate to the action that I take because I am only going to do what I am going to do, I am not going to do what I am not going to do and what is going to happen is what is going to happen.  

The plan is that if I get laid off from my job I will spend a few months getting my house fixed up and ready for sale.  I would walk away w the cash, rent the cheapest safe apartment I can find and find another job.  Maybe.  

Has anyone else realized that homosexuality as a political fulcrum functions the same way as the abortion/suicide debate? If a guy is unable to attract women, his only purpose in life is to act as a benchmark for all the "normal dudes" and be a punchline. Same as losers in life who would be much happier aborted or euthanized. So we scream for right to life and make "God hates fags" posters postulating homosexuality as the root of all destruction. All so we can laugh at the mentally retarded, the socially awkward, the involuntary celibate, the gay guy who finds women unattractive for whatever reason. It isn't enough to simply have their cake, they have to eat it too and make unlucky people feel like complete shit. 

I listened to 4 MALE coworkers make jokes for 10 minutes yesterday about penis size. Not women, men. It was a sausage party and all they discussed were sausages. All married, all fathers. Except me. I have to stand there and just smile and pretend.

But being gay is not an option. You have to be straight so we can feel like real men because you can't get pussy because my dick is bigger than yours. Just like you have to be born so we can laugh and say, "I'm glad I'm not *THAT* guy, HAHAHA. Mm, abortion -- VERY BAD. EVIL."

There's no point posting about this in the SPS forum. I'll be given a hundred reasons why I'm wrong or that I should ignore it. 

Hey Klingsor hope you are ok.  It's surprising to me all the accounts guys have given of having penis size discussed in the workplace.  I have never experienced this.  BUT like everything it comes at a cost.  

The company I am at is an HR police state where the slightest perceived misstep will trigger a call to HR.  Personal conversations have to be in barely audible hushed tones because you never know who is going to say they overheard something offensive.  

So pick your poison: public dick shaming or the Stasi.  

But regardless work is hard enough without having to endure that bullshit.  If you object in anyway you will be ostracized so just laugh it off and roll w it.  Sometimes you can use the cloak of humor to punch back.  I recall many years ago this guy was always busting on gays and one day I piped and said "I don't know, Pete. It seems to be one your mind quite a bit".  I said it w an exaggerated tone and a big dumb grin that telegraphed "obviously I am joking" but the message was sent and he cooled it.  

You're exactly right victim. The only thing I'll say about the current "culture war" is that I sincerely hope every rich fat pig and limousine liberal who went to private school and never had to hold a real job and deal with the endless daily bullshit or mix with the proles gets strung up by their balls and shot. The Middle Ages provided monasteries as a refuge for people like me, losers who couldn't deal with the world or succeed. Now you MUST be part of the world so that the rest of society can get its ego boost and provide context for fucking and eating and being merry like hogs.