Mental Support Community

Planning. I'm not good at it.

Victimorthecrime

8 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

Do you usually have issues with the flu shot, Vic?

Yes and this morning I woke up feeling sick 🤢.  Ugh 😑.  I mean it's a "good" thing in that it means it's "working" i.e. my body detects the dead virus and is fighting it. Now if that turns out to be the case and I don't get the flu 😷 this winter then it is all worth it.  

Going to bring lots of meds into work.  

• 4 weeks later...

FIVE HOURS!  

That is how long it took me to drive home from work yesterday!  I left at 1:30 and got home at 6:30pm.

Extremely bizarre.  It was a snow storm that did not appear bad to me but somehow slowed traffic to barely a crawl.  

Luckily I had today previously planned as a vacation day.  I need it.  

4 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

FIVE HOURS!  

That is how long it took me to drive home from work yesterday! 

😮 😦

4 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Luckily I had today previously planned as a vacation day. 

Good for you!  I'm glad to hear you have a day off :) ; you seem to work so much :( ! ...

Enjoy the long weekend!

@jazz yes it was rough.  I have no idea why traffic was at such a crawl.  I have driven blizzards that were not nearly as bad.   I hate to say it but people seem to be such idiots.  If a car or truck is stuck in the snow then just drive around them.  That's all.  But idiots talking on their phones just drive right up behind the stuck person and then get stuck themselves.  Unreal. 

Today we are having the same kind of day you describe.  

@jazz it is nominally against the law here too but it is never enforced.  It really annoys me because it is dangerous and slows traffic.  

I have had a very lazy but overall nice weekend.  It is a short work week, just 3 days due to Thanksgiving holiday which is nice.  Really looking forward to it already.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's Sunday 4:30 pm here and we got the kind of snow I like: 1-2 inches.  Just enough to be wintry and scenic but not a travel problem.  I am having tea now.  

Early this morning I got to see an interesting sight right outside my door:  a woodpecker!  He had a red crown atop his head and was a decent size and was going at it.  I filmed him w my iPhone but you can hear him more than see.  

Other than that a mostly relaxing weekend.  Talked to some friends on the phone but did not go out except for errands.  I am trying to stay away from crowds in order to avoid cold/flu type nonsense.  

I have a full week of work but at the end of it is a four day weekend so looking forward to that!  

The arthritis in my left knee and general aches and fatigue still trouble me but I can deal.  It wouldn't be life if there wasn't some problem.  

• 2 months later...

Sunday morning, after breakfast and having tea and just relaxing a tiny bit before getting to some chores and thought I would post.  

Having some chronic difficulties w this house that I don't even want to go into.  These APPs like Home Advisor, Thumbtack, etc are a joke. Most of the repairman are far away and none call you back.  Get better results out of the Yellow Pages!  

Anyway times like this I remind myself that there are people fighting stage 4 brain, lung, breast, and colon cancer along w any number of other painful, chronic, life-threatening diseases and those folks would give anything to have home repairs be their biggest problem.  It's the only thing that gives me perspective & peace.  All we can do is our best and take one thing at a time.  

Hope everyone is doing well or at least reasonablely well.  

4 hours ago, jazz said:

@Victimorthecrime  hope you find a repairman ok 💛

Thanks Jazz!  Slowly but surely there is some progress being made.  I'm not hard to please. So long as progress is being made I am happy.  

Other than that things are fine.  I always feel a bit better physically this time of year as we get into Spring.  

Hope all is well w you.  

• 2 weeks later...

When faced w life's difficulties I have found that the only things that help at all are:  1) getting rest and generally taking care of myself  2) what I call "higher level thinking" meaning not being emotional but rather being analytical and taking concentrated look at the facts and the options clustered around those facts and 3) just plain old hard motherfucking work.  Sorry to be blunt but nothing else expresses it the way I want.  

It will get there. It takes what it takes but it will get there.  Talking about the house and the financial situation mostly, along w life in general.  

8 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

One the way home from work yesterday I was so tired and in need of some boost that I stopped at the local bakery and bought a pig-out box!  Eclair, brownie, cream puff.  It was delicious 😋 

It’s little joys like that I live for. Usually once a month I buy a large pizza on Friday night with breadsticks, salad full works and a dr. Pepper and then watch a movie. It’s a welcome indulgence