Mental Support Community

Planning. I'm not good at it.

Victimorthecrime

On 4/3/2019 at 2:06 AM, Victimorthecrime said:

me too I am a pizza fanatic

Sorry if you won't like the association (everyone has a different sense of humor), but this reminds me so much of this joke (it's a brief excerpt of a talkshow - the punchline (= the last sentence of the excerpt I want to "quote" here) is a sentence containing the word "pizza")  :

• 1 month later...

Hi Beth. I'm ok.  Dealing w some house issues and I know you know about that.  Just taking one day at a time and doing my best.  

I guess what I have learned is that unless you are multi-millionaire rich life is endless endless problems and if you are going to let that get in the way of your enjoyment you might as well do yourself and everyone else a favor and go live in a monastery or something.  

• 2 months later...

Ok so the problem I had w the house was that back in February i suddenly had water on my floor. My house has no basement so the floor is a concrete slab. A water pipe in that slab burst.  It was as much fun as it sounds and costly too.  

Here is what I learned:  get a second opinion always. The 1st plumber was an idiot who completely misdiagnosed the problem.  I paid the price in time (vacation time), money and misery.  The other thing I learned: keep a clear & open mind when things go wrong.  I defaulted into catastrophic thinking and that didn't help.  

Lastly what I learned is that everyday there is some fuck up problem.  It might be your body, you job, your house, your car, your phone, people in your life etc.. If you let that ruin your life you might as well give up now - go drink, declare bankruptcy, go on welfare etc because that's just how it is.  You have to live you life and enjoy your life in spite of it, in defiance of it. 

19 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Lastly what I learned is that everyday there is some fuck up problem.  It might be your body, you job, your house, your car, your phone, people in your life etc.. If you let that ruin your life you might as well give up now - go drink, declare bankruptcy, go on welfare etc because that's just how it is.  You have to live you life and enjoy your life in spite of it, in defiance of it. 

Reminds of learning piano as a child - my teacher would say "don't worry about any mistakes when performing, just keep going."

Life is often like that, keep going and hope for the best.

• 8 months later...

Wow it’s been 8 months since I posted on my page here.  
Well today was finally a half- decent day. I WAH (worked at home) amid the Covid carnage and had a ok day.  The morning was a little rough but by afternoon I felt good physically & emotionally.  Thank God. Now I can relax and enjoy a quiet evening. I’ll take it.  

Sadly Covid-19 numbers continue to climb. There are 76,000 in New York.  I believe we have at least 2 more months of this left.  This pandemic is real, it horrible, it’s not over-hyped or a hoax in any way.  If you disagree post it on your own thread because I have no patience for wackos and morons.  

13 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Sadly Covid-19 numbers continue to climb. There are 76,000 in New York.  I believe we have at least 2 more months of this left.  This pandemic is real, it horrible, it’s not over-hyped or a hoax in any way.  If you disagree post it on your own thread because I have no patience for wackos and morons.  

You have a gravely closed mind.  If you can't see how "government" might be exploiting us, you are very foolish indeed.  These issues need to be carefully examined not dismissed.

You really think you can call people wackos and morons, no matter how restrained and calibrated their thoughts might be, and expect no response?  Just who is the wacko?

Really?  You "own" this thread?

I ran out for groceries, went to little places early. Got in and out quick.  At least I won’t starve!  No TP in stock. Wore a mask, kept my distance, washed my hands. Still not feeling great, very lethargic and a little achy. Gonna chill out today unless I get a 2nd wind after a nap. Exciting stuff. Hope everyone is doing ok.  

While napping yesterday I had a dream that I was back working in the office. It was dark and I was the only one working there or so I thought until I ran into an old friend named Joe. I greeted Joe warmly and said I was so glad he was working for the company and was in the office w me.  He said nothing and ignored me and I went back to work at my desk. Later I heard awful noise and ran over to see Joe breaking and smashing everything in sight!  In horror I realized he was a Covid zombie and was coming to attack me!  I woke up in a sweat, completely disgusted.  

Thanks Lala. It’s a blue heron. I am fascinated by herons, they are magnificent beautiful creatures to me, but also fierce. 

Back in the early-mid 90’s when Discovery channel and TLC we’re still producing quality documentaries (before stupid shit like “swamp loggers” and honey boo boo overran their programming) I learned about prehistoric terror birds, another fascination of mine: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phorusrhacidae

@IrmaJean @LaLa I reported a PM sent to me advertising penis enlargement scam 🙄 first time that’s ever happened to me here actually.

I got the same ad @Klingsor lol 😆 

Whoever it is is too late. I could care a less these days.  

I am having a better day today praise God.  I was able to mow the lawn, spoke w two neighbors and am feeling a bit more like my old self.  
I genuinely wish the very best to everyone on this site.  Be strong, be safe, be wise.  We will endure.  

58 minutes ago, Klingsor said:

I am fascinated by herons, they are magnificent beautiful creatures to me, but also fierce.

Then I'm even more glad to see you've chosen one as your avatar here! :)

59 minutes ago, Klingsor said:

I reported a PM

Thank you. The account that sent it is already flagged as spammer.

Sorry about such spam, everyone. We can delete the spam-posts from the forum before anyone else sees them, but private messaging doesn't allow this kind of protection, unfortunately. And someone apparently realized that and took advantage...