Mental Support Community

A feeling of uselesness

Tina

I do not want to live anymore. There is just... there is nothing good in me. And I know that is what everyone thinks, but it is true. I am good at absolutely nothing in the world and.... I am no ever going to kill myself, but for some reason, I tried to (non-fatally) overdose on seratronin. Foolish, but I desperately wanted to not go to school

Tina I understand all too well feelings of worthlessness. I've had them all my life. Do as victim said and try to get help ASAP. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can fix it all by yourself or postponing. Decades of your life can vanish in an instant just by putting things off and trying to fix them all yourself. 

15 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Hey Tina, sorry to hear this news.  You sound young, hang in there, a lot can change.  Try to talk to someone you respect.  Is there anything you enjoy doing?  

In the end? Nothing, because I am not good at anything. I am not creative and I do not enjoy exercise much. There is not that I can do.

14 hours ago, Pax said:

Tina I understand all too well feelings of worthlessness. I've had them all my life. Do as victim said and try to get help ASAP. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can fix it all by yourself or postponing. Decades of your life can vanish in an instant just by putting things off and trying to fix them all yourself. 

I have both psychologist and psychiatrist but so far it hasn´t helped at all.

I am stupid, usless and this will never change. The only advice I have heard os to change my negative thoughts, but why should I if they are true?

49 minutes ago, Pax said:

Are you on any medication for depression? I resisted medication all my life, but looking back I was stupid not to have even given it a chance. 

I am, seratronin-based medication, I was not diagnosed with depression, just anxiety disorders

18 hours ago, Tina said:

In the end? Nothing, because I am not good at anything. I am not creative and I do not enjoy exercise much. There is not that I can do.

I have both psychologist and psychiatrist but so far it hasn´t helped at all.

I am stupid, usless and this will never change. The only advice I have heard os to change my negative thoughts, but why should I if they are true?

Tina, your inner critic is being very loud. I do hear that a part of you feels this way right now. What do you think your needs are at this time?

Maybe it helps some to not speak in absolutes? For instance you might say I feel this will never change rather than this will never change. That way you leave the door open to different possibilities. Have you ever read about cognitive distortions? 

http://psychcentral.com/lib/15-common-cognitive-distortions/

On 16/12/2016 at 9:57 AM, IrmaJean said:

Tina, your inner critic is being very loud. I do hear that a part of you feels this way right now. What do you think your needs are at this time?

Maybe it helps some to not speak in absolutes? For instance you might say I feel this will never change rather than this will never change. That way you leave the door open to different possibilities. Have you ever read about cognitive distortions? 

http://psychcentral.com/lib/15-common-cognitive-distortions/

Is it really so easy? I am ot sure... I am awful at driving and probably wont pass the exams, maturita is soon. Everything I pick up I fail at. It just hurts.

Sorry this is happening to you Tina.  I remember you from earlier posts and you sound like a nice person.  East Slovakia right?  

There are no quick fixes but I believe that for each of us it's true that somewhere inside you there is an answer.  I am going through a rough time myself so I concede that it is not easy.  

On 12/17/2016 at 11:16 AM, Tina said:

Is it really so easy? I am ot sure... I am awful at driving and probably wont pass the exams, maturita is soon. Everything I pick up I fail at. It just hurts.

Happy holidays, Tina.  I don't know how you celebrate in Slovakia, but i hope there is joy for you with your family or with friends your age.