Mental Support Community

New around here

ancientangel

Hey! You can call me star (or angel, if that's easier to remember because of my user. I'm just a mentally ill teenager seeking out some community. I've been prof diagnosed with Bipolar 1, and GAD. I've been suspecting ADHD for a while now, and will be seeing my pdoc next week to ask for testing/a diagnosis. I love art, and having a sense of community when I need it the most. So I hope I can get to know you guys, and help out when I can! (Sorry if this isn't okay in any way, I'm not very tactical when it comes to new sites.) 

On 2017-02-19 at 6:32 AM, ancientangel said:

I'm always open to correction!

It's great to be open to corrections - we all should always be... But couldn't the fact that you mention it (together with your insecurities about your first post) be "a sign" that you're too prone to focus on your "faults" and "mistakes" in general? Couldn't it be, here, also some kind of avoidance of writing about "your issues", of sharing some "personal stuff"? I may be wrong, I just wanted to share my impression that you, perhaps, manifest one of your problems (related to depression?) by your "behaviour" here: You're first trying to "learn all the rules" to be sure you won't be perceived as "inadequate" (?) and/or won't be somehow "rejected". It's not "a bad thing", of course; I just imagine that if one puts too much efforts into it and, mainly, is anxious about it, it can contribute to the development of depression. I'm sorry if my non-professional attempt at "analysis" sounds somehow "off-putting" or "disconcerting" :( . It's just something to think about - in case it makes some sense to you. ;) 

May I also ask you: Are you now in a depressive phase? And how's your treatment going? Do you have also some support in your family and/or friends? Or feeling lonely is part of your problems and/or reasons to join an internet forum?

I hope it's not too much questions  :o ...

Take care!

15 hours ago, LaLa said:

It's great to be open to corrections - we all should always be... But couldn't the fact that you mention it (together with your insecurities about your first post) be "a sign" that you're too prone to focus on your "faults" and "mistakes" in general? Couldn't it be, here, also some kind of avoidance of writing about "your issues", of sharing some "personal stuff"? I may be wrong, I just wanted to share my impression that you, perhaps, manifest one of your problems (related to depression?) by your "behaviour" here: You're first trying to "learn all the rules" to be sure you won't be perceived as "inadequate" (?) and/or won't be somehow "rejected". It's not "a bad thing", of course; I just imagine that if one puts too much efforts into it and, mainly, is anxious about it, it can contribute to the development of depression. I'm sorry if my non-professional attempt at "analysis" sounds somehow "off-putting" or "disconcerting" :( . It's just something to think about - in case it makes some sense to you. ;) 

May I also ask you: Are you now in a depressive phase? And how's your treatment going? Do you have also some support in your family and/or friends? Or feeling lonely is part of your problems and/or reasons to join an internet forum?

I hope it's not too much questions  :o ...

Take care!

Not too many questions at all! I don't know about all that, you could be right though! I personally am scared of breaking the rules and making people angry rather than being perceived as inadequate. But now that I have it mostly down? I'm all good. It's just that initial interaction that I'm afraid of.

I have no problem talking about myself openly (in fact I do it too much sometimes) and doing as I please, within reason.

I definitely am in a depressive phase right now, I haven't had a manic phase in weeks thanks to the meds. The depression isn't particularly bad this time around though. 

And my treatment is going well, I just switched to a new therapist, not for a a bad reason, but because my new therapist knows better how to support lgbt individuals. My old therapist was a doll and super professional. :) Some of my meds are losing their potency I believe, as my psychotic symptoms are popping up again.

I have family support and a couple online friends that help a lot. The reason I joined the forum is because those people cannot understand as well as others that are going through the same thing I am.

feel free to shoot more questions at me, I love discussions!! :)