Mental Support Community

Diet/Gym/Health/Sanity

YOTH

I use the word 'gym' loosely because I haven't set foot in one since I was 16 or something. Actually, tell a lie, a friend showed me a climbing wall once. I looked at it, said "cool" and left. But I had been working out at home 5 days out of 7 up until about 11 months ago.

11 months ago we found out we were having our second child, and that's my reason for quitting. If I'm honest I used it as an excuse to stop exercising, I have a track record of it, who hasn't? I'd like to say it was the pressure of an extra mouth to feed and the foundation of my life shifting beneath my feet, but I'd be talking bollocks. I copped out and put on about 2 stone. "It's the stress of the new baby, you know how it is". And most people don't give a shit so just said "Yeh, kids'll do that". 

But he's a month old now and I haven't got the excuse anymore, so I reckon it's time to start working out again. I'm tired all the time, but even that isn't an excuse as exercising always gave me energy. Not only that but I really enjoyed doing it. So why the fuck did I stop? It's like I'm always looking for a way out. I did three months exercise, lost a ton of weight and actually for the first time ever had body definition. I felt awesome. I even powered through depression, anxiety and pure 100% uncut Columbian laze. I was killing it and feeling amazing, then I threw it away. I recently started kicking my punching bag only to find I'd forgotten how to kick, then after a few minutes I was kicking holes in it. I have to bounce back and say no to takeaways (maybe once a week actually) and say yes to feeling motivated to move. There's no event for finding the motivation to move and yet sometimes it feels as hard as being a front runner in a marathon with all the Kenyans. And speaking of 'energy' I'm giving up all those energy drinks too (maybe start drinking the zero ones). That's another thing, I didn't diet when I was exercising, I just worked out. Mainly because doing the 'right' thing is boring as shit and doing the wrong thing is a lot more satisfying (for about 5 minutes). 

So that's my pledge. I'm getting back at it. And I'll keep weekly updates here. Unless this post is really old when you're reading it, then I either stopped because I'm a lazy bastard or maybe I dropped dead mid press up. ☮

The starting back up is always the toughest. I've been paying a gym fee for a year and a half and I have gone maybe 5 times. But I want to start running again. I have done 1 half marathon and want to complete another. I was going to last year but injured my foot at work(put a nail through it) and then I got a nice bout of gout right after healing. I basically stopped after that and had to cut the half into a 10k. I still ran the 10k with relative ease. But I do miss the running aspect. I get to be by myself and challenge myself. I too always seem to find a way not to train. But once you get back into it, it's so much fun. You got this!! 

9 hours ago, TimmyStan1967 said:

Hey Guys....The only great accomplishment of my life is an unbroken exercise regime of over a quarter century.  I've run marathons.  Exercise is the only thing that keeps me same. Just do it. No Excuses.

I'm just so damn tired. I'll start up soon, no excuses (except the tired thing lol). I loved it when I was doing it too, I'll go check if I've won the lottery, hire that personal trainer that'll inevitably run off with my wife. I'll have to get myself an 18 year old Thai bride with a pussy as tight as a keyhole and an ass like a nectarine. 

• 1 month later...

I've been on a diet the last two weeks. 5 days on 2 days off. I'm eating healthy and saying no to sweets, crisps etc on Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu and then taking Fri, Sat off. It seems ok so far, craving a few items but it's all good, I'll wait til Friday. Ate some of the mrs' fish and chips tonight but I'll make up for it on the weekend. Hopefully the days off will help with the overall longevity of the fucking thing. 

The gf and I have started eating better lately as well. My job is physical so I'm sort of "in shape" but not really. I want to run again as I enjoyed it. I do want to get back in the gym as well cause I absolutely loved lifting weights when I was doing it regularly. I had a before and after 6 months pics before and it was crazy the change. I'll have to do that again to hopefully motivate myself 

So this is the end of week 4 on the new diet. I've gone down to 6 days on and one day off. I haven't weighed myself at all (probably should) so I don't know if I've lost any weight, but it's feels good eating fruit instead of sweets. I want to start the exercise regime back up but they removed my favourite workout videos from YT so I'll have to find something else. Could potentially start the yoga back up, it's pretty good for the back, but I haven't as yet. Pretty boring update, but I suppose it's better than me being upset about something. How is everyone? 

Way to go on the diet front. That's so good. We pretend like we are eating better, but I seemingly just eat more since we eat more salads and stuff now. I usually hover around the 160-165 more or less all the time. Literally just weighed myself and I'm 164. I'm technically overweight since I'm 5'7. But if I workout, this weight with muscle actually looks pretty decent 

Either way, keep up the good work!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still on the diet only pigging out on what has become known as Fat Friday's for want of a better name. I feel 100 times better in myself and have noticed my face thinning out. Just keep at it and see how it goes. I've ditched the chocolate which feels good, that stuff is like crack, it takes a good few weeks to flush it out completely but it's well worth it. 

Started my banting diet some weeks ago, I've lost around 3-4 kilos so far. I intend to keep this up. I didn't wait to feel motivated to start, I just decided to make some changes in my life and my weight was the first thing I opted to tackle first. I haven't been obsessing over my dick for a while now so that's great as well. I'm not down on myself as often either. Life seems ok so far. 

I'm glad to see you're doing well as well YOTH. Take care?

@Obsolete I'm really glad you're doing well, that's amazing to hear. I'm so happy that we're both in sync with the diet, it feels good to be getting it done, finally. I believe we do the vast majority of change ourselves, but I'm a big believer in universal strength and guidance. I'm glad we're getting what we need. ☮

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bike, went for a one hour bike ride, couldn't feel my cock, balls and left cheek for 2 days. It has a medical name but I preferred the street term numb nuts. It was pretty shit. I had big plans for me and that bike, but it was free so I guess I'll have to buy a new seat. Ain't nuttin' for free, it's like I was handed a bill lol. But it was a nice gesture either way. I really don't want to start work out exercising again, or maybe I do? The baby is sleeping better than ever but he still leaves me with very little energy to work out, but my diet is still up and running. I've lost about a stone which is good but there's still a way to go. I'm writing music again which is therapeutic but I've been cut short and haven't had a minute to myself for a few days which starts to feel heavy after a while. Went to see Annabelle Creation which was ok I guess, but fuck me British cinemas are depressing, there's about 10-15 people right at the back on a good day, I'm not sure how these places stay open, it's probably the Vue popcorn market fluctuating with the price of gold. I've been out a lot this summer, it's been a real improvement for me. One summer I didn't leave the house for about 4 months and after my first son was born I stayed in for 6 which is depressing just thinking about it. This summer has been easier than the 10+ before it and it's felt like it's lasted longer too. In the interest of honesty I've had a few off days, but who doesn't? I went out on the piss last week and immediately regretted it, but I managed to contain the fall out and power through. I'm going to be 35 soon, and it's a good age to maybe change my views on work. 

• 2 weeks later...

My diet is still going strong. I'm not sure why I didn't do it earlier but that's all hind leg now. I'm feeling tired all the time but that comes with the territory when you have a baby, still, I'm knackered. Watched a really good French horror called Martyrs which I'd been meaning to watch for a few years but never got around to it. I really love horror movies, at least good ones, I'm not too fussed on gory for gorys sake B movies but when you watch a really good horror it wipes the slate clean of all the crap you watched leading up to it. I'm watching too much phone, I tried not using it but I'm losing the battle (exhibit A, this post) and really can't stop watching and commenting on stupid videos. It's such a slippery slope from the odd comment to back in the argument about nothing, I really have to curb that in future. Anyway, I'll maybe make the change. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of a meltdown the other day due to an anxiety attack. Haven't had an attack like that for a long time, but I now feel calm after the storm. It feels good to flip out every now and again, gets it out of your system to an extent. Haven't exercised again for a while but I'll get around to it, maybe. I'm losing weight, that much I'm sure of, it might slow but it's steady. The baby is a lot calmer now as well, he's not as cranky, I think he's found his groove bless him. Anyway, that's my update if you will, I'll just keep on keeping on. 

I've started working. It's a bitter sweet feeling, mostly because of the obvious. I feel judged and when I feel judged I become defensive, which is pretty standard, but I don't want that. It's the anger that eats away at me, so I'm trying to be more like a ducks back, I can't stop getting wet but I can avoid staying wet. It's such a difficult thing to work around. It not only ties in emotionally, but the sad truth is this isn't in my head, people can be the fucking worst. Managers, owners, senior staff, everyone is doing this on some level and it's accepted as ok. There was a time when foreigners would have felt this secluded from society, but they can fight back and did. Who the fuck is fighting for us? Nobody. Even if you suffered from this, there's no way you'd broadcast it. I'm well aware that this is mostly in my head, even though it really happens it's still in my head, I'm the one who lets it live there. But I just thought I'd post. Other than that the job is ok, difficult learning the subtleties but easy once you get it. I'm going to stay positive and keep my head up, I'm worth more than a joke so fuck it, I'll just go through the middle. ☮