Mental Support Community

Diet/Gym/Health/Sanity

YOTH

@Small I can't see Diaz accepting the pittance they'll pay him for Woodley, but if they do I'm looking forward to it. Tony wants Conor, he's quite possibly the worst trash talker in the history of the UFC, like being called a retard by a kid with down syndrome or calling a white guy "cracker". He's such a dope he just looks like a gimp instead of making his opponents angry. He's the type of guy who I'd fight even tho he'd kill me, I'd still punch him if he gave me shit 😂. But I'd love to see the Khabib fight, and I'd be up for McGregor Diaz 3. It's the only fight that makes sense money wise, Woodley just doesn't have the hype train to sell that fight.  

I love the Diaz brothers and will always back & support them. It felt like a personal victory when Nate got paid so well for the McGregor 2 fight setting him up for life. But according to his manager Nate wants $15m for the Woodley fight. In fact Nate has been saying for quite some time now that he won't be fighting for less than $10 mil. 

They need to be realistic. He isn't worth that sort of money. On a personal level I think he should sit it out & avoid a loss until he's given the McGregor fight then spend his life doing triathlons & weed with his brother. But as a fight fan I want to see him take on a top 10 lightweight.

Nick needs a big fight too. There have been rumours that he's turned down all sorts of fights - even a title fight against Woodley. There was a time where he could even have got the Lawler rematch while he was the champion! Could you imagine that??? Diaz v Lawler 2 for the welterweight championship?

I like these guys a lot & wish them the best especially Nick. Have mad love for him. Whenever I picture the pair i get a vision of Nick playing with his nunchucks while Nate is on the sofa watching old martial arts flicks. Sharing some deep weed induced conversation. But I want to see them back too, against big names. 

So I've managed to keep to my diet & have lost some belly fat. If I'm estimating correctly I'm a third of the way where I want to be - flat stomach. It's been about six weeks I believe since I started. I'm hoping that by my birthday in February I'm there but i have a while to go.

I have copped out on exercising though. My bike sits there mostly unused and when I ride it it's about 10 minutes a go. Which is more of a warm up if i'm honest. I don't weight train or do cardio work typically & I doubt that will change. Last week i was showing my nephew how to do press ups, sit ups & squats. I could only manage about 6 press ups in one go and didn't complete a single sit up. Although the hard floor had something to do with that. Squats were a little easier.

How about you guys? 

I have been really slacking w exercise. Hoping for that to change.  Not sure sure what happened, I used to love waking, stretching, isometrics.  Squats are great btw keep it up.  Maybe I'll catch a break & get back to it soon. 

Diet: good except I reignited my sweet tooth during Halloween so once I get that under control I will be fine.  

Good job small for keeping at it. Exercise is a confluence of negative factors for me. Aside from the social anxiety aspects, I have problems with the whole delayed gratification thing. I want to see results in days, not weeks. When I don't I just stop. Plus it's boring as hell to me. Possibly if I became competitive at it I might enjoy it more. I don't know.

19 minutes ago, Klingsor said:

Good job small for keeping at it. Exercise is a confluence of negative factors for me. Aside from the social anxiety aspects, I have problems with the whole delayed gratification thing. I want to see results in days, not weeks. When I don't I just stop. Plus it's boring as hell to me. Possibly if I became competitive at it I might enjoy it more. I don't know.

This!!!!!!

Plus the whole "why would I do that if in the end I'll still have the same core problem".

I am impatient too. Plus the burning feel of lactic acid is a put off. I can't endure it long. I had low hopes of doing exercise from the beginning, and isn't my avenue of choice. Though i don't mind riding my exercise bike for a light sweat. I actually enjoy that when i can be bothered to do it.

11 hours ago, Helpless_loner said:

I acquired sort of a belly and boy I don't like it. Thing is though I just don't have the guts to go to a gym and I don't like running either. I will start a diet and next week and I'm thinking to try a cardio routine and home.

Yeah this is my problem too. The belly is bothersome. 

I feel like I've come back online recently, at least spiritually/mentally. In every other respect I'm kind of at a loss at what to do to make money. Think I'll just let it play out as I'm definitely motivated to make money in other ways whilst enduring a lot less ag. I really need an idea to run with, anything will do. Something to buy cheap and sell for a profit. I dunno...

Yoth: I've been applying myself to that question for years. Struck nothing but dirt so far. The main challenge is understanding the public...some of the dumbest, most idiotic shit goes viral. I'm convinced of you figured out a novel, funny unique way to market dog turds, the public would go ape shit wanting them. One video on YouTube of a cat shitting in a toilet and using tissue had over 8 million views - if you get 3 cents for every view that's $240,000. A cat. shitting. in a toilet. It also helps if you're good looking or if you're a girl to show lots of legs and tight tank tops. 

I always use Facebook as a good case study. It's comparable to the petroleum industry during the industrial revolution - people had gotten along just fine without it and life was much simpler before. But it struck the public's fancy and from then on no one could do without it. Facebook began by marketing the oldest commodity of them all: sex. Zuckerberg conceived it as a way to check out potential sex partners in college. Today it's a multi-billion dollar enterprise but its fundanental business model is still the same: advertise yourself and get an eg boost through sexual gratification. Humans, being the hypocritical animals that they are, felt it necessary to interject some high minded bs about community and friendship and screech about politics. But it's still sex and ego at its root. 

Sex and games. Find a novel way to market either of those two concepts and the shekels will pour in.

You only have to look at my cousin's vomiting & diarrhea holiday snaps to realise how crazy people get. He was throwing up every 10 minutes and filling a bowl with human tiramisu every 20 and yet in all of his pictures he looked like a picture of health with a smile etched on his fun loving face. I don't like social media because it 'connects' people. If I wanted to connect I'd give you a ring and come round for that cup of coffee I'd rather drink at home, alone. 

Not sure but it's a much wider range of items. He wanted to start selling birthday/greeting cards etc too, and asked if i wanted to join him. I took a look & decided i wasn't interested. Way too much hassle for me. Back in the day we didn't even see or handle the trainers we sold. We were middle men. So that was a little easier. The problem now is that he stocks items in his house & i wouldn't do that. 

I toyed with doing that recently but as you say it's a lot of faff. I'd love to make money from booze as the mark up is drug dealer money but I can't figure out how to make money from it outside of a pub/club etc. There's £80+ in every crate of 24 if you're in a bar, it's scandalous really but there you go. 

So i'm at the gym right now. Super triggered by the fact that i'm sporting an innie and surrounded by attractive women in yoga pants. All i can think about is needing to prove myself sexually. My go to for this feeling has always been to seek out sexual attention online to affirm my desireability, either in spite of or because of my size. In my mind, every woman in here has already sized me up and determined that i am a small man with a small dick and everything that stereotypically goes along with that. The cure is to find sexual attention from a woman who doesn't care, or the freakish rarity that sees my size as an asset. Failing that, it's easy to find sexual attention from men who enjoy the power trip of being bigger. 

But i'm married. So i have sworn off that behavior. And i have realized i don't have to do it. Even if i wasn't married, I'm better off talking about it than acting on it. So i am here instead.

I always thought being in a committed relationship was a nice break from having do that pointless dance with other women. I've always been confident around women tbh, if I was well hung I'd have fucked my way through half the women in the city. I was one of 3 boys in a family dominated by about 20 women so something rubbed off I think, I knew how to make them laugh and also how to get in their heads, because they're fucking crazy. That scale has tipped back towards men in the last ten years and it's all lads in my family now but when I was younger I found it easy to talk to pretty girls and always had gorgeous girlfriends. It wasn't until that age 15-16 where the reality sunk in that my personality was causing me more problems than it was solving. Eventually I created a dark side character that would say horrible shit to anyone interested and shut the whole thing down before I had no choice but to let them see my cock. I missed out on 20-30 opportunities during my teen years. Every girl on my estate was a slag and I didn't do shit with any of them. I even had a girl beg me once, she probably thought there was something mysterious about me not saying yes straight away because who wouldn't take a blowjob? One girl who I'd been set up with as an absolute definite thanked me the next morning for not taking advantage of her. There's me saying "no problem, you don't deserve that" when all I wanted to do was tear her fanny up. It wasn't that I couldn't have done something either but the friends I had always outweighed a potential one night stand that would blow the lid off my well kept secret. It wasn't even well kept, I should have just fooled around with them all, got pissed and laughed it off. I really went off on a tangent there, sorry about that. 

But YOTH I just don't get it. You're not actually small. For size concerns to stop you at a young age from having a sexual encounter is surprising to me.  I am not doubting you, just sharing my reaction.  

I like this thread because it makes me think about working out. I used to be a fitness freak. Truman Capote once said that the truest parts of a person are the things you "just did" growing up that no one ever told you to do. For him it was writing. For me it was: reading, enjoying music, working out including swimming and running and weights etc.  Once this shoulder is 100% I may join Planet Fitness.  

@YOTH i was the same way growing up, minus the game and numerous opportunities. I was cute, but i was the shortest and smallest kid in my grade, and was scared shitless of girls. The few opportunities i did have, i wasted like you, afraid of my size being a disappointment. Somehow i got a girlfriend at 18, who was just as insecure as i was. Our sex life was practically nonexistant, and we did not talk about it. When that ended 10 years later, i was determined to do something different. I forced myself to learn how to talk to women and brave the scary world of sexual encounters. I was aching for it. I was scared af and the first couple times, i couldn't even get hard, so i just did my oral duties. That girl turned out to be very patient and understanding and supportive, and eventually i did have intercourse with her, but we both needed manual and/or oral to get off. It was really exciting though and even kinky, though i wasn't comfortable with that stuff yet. It was a really great experience though. We really liked each other too, but neither uf us was ready for anything serious. But it gave me some confidence to keep pursuing that sort of thing. Side note: Years later i ran across her profile on a dating site, and it specified she wanted a well-endowed man. It hurt me to read that, but it made sense. Penetration with her was pretty much impossible. But after her is when i felt somewhat comfortable pursuing women, and expressing my sexuality. 

I'm not technically small in here victim, but out there I'm small. There is no difference between having 3 inches and not getting hard enough to keep 5 hard through embarrassment, lack of self belief etc. It's a whole thing, you start to believe the bullshit. Back then I didn't even have a concept of average, I thought I was the smallest guy in the world, my flaccid size reinforced that belief. No real internet back then either, now my phone does everything that my pc would blow up trying to do.