Jump to content
Mental Support Community
Sign in to follow this  
ba51th

how to join military? (I'm not an american)

Recommended Posts

ba51 I've often had the same thoughts, but if you (like me) are someone who consistently bottoms out in the pecking orders of normal life, a modern military is the last place you want to be. Training by itself won't change that. Most merc's have had prior military service of some sort. All of this aside from the ethical questions of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" someone who consistently bottoms out in the pecking orders of normal life ", can you make it easier for me to understand...? my english is not that good...

I just see how the government and the police are become more and more nasty, they even collaborate with criminal to fight their political opponent...

I don't feel safe... the government can't protect me, the police can't protect me, no one can protect me...

in order to defend my self, I need to become strong and stronger... even that mean to have a skill to kill other human...


I want to join US army... but I'm not an US citizen nor that I live in US... can I join?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Hey ba I am not sure if the USA has a division of foreign servicemen or not.  There is always the French Foreign Legion. 

I am too old but if I could do over again I would served in the military too.  

will they accept someone like me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ba51th said:

" someone who consistently bottoms out in the pecking orders of normal life ", can you make it easier for me to understand...? my english is not that good...

If you don't get along well with other people (especially other guys), or if you are someone who always gets teased or bullied, you don't need to be in the military. 

11 hours ago, ba51th said:

I want to join US army... but I'm not an US citizen nor that I live in US... can I join?

Theoretically, you must be a naturalized US citizen to join the military. However, in practice, the military has accepted convicted felons and gang members so I doubt being a foreign national would pose much problem if you could actually get stateside. 

11 hours ago, ba51th said:

I just see how the government and the police are become more and more nasty, they even collaborate with criminal to fight their political opponent...

I don't feel safe... the government can't protect me, the police can't protect me, no one can protect me...

in order to defend my self, I need to become strong and stronger... even that mean to have a skill to kill other human...

A few thoughts: 

Military training like the kind you are probably envisioning comprises maybe 1-2% of the entire armed forces...commandos, special operations, etc. Normal boot camp teaches people who have never held an assault rifle before how to load and shoot one. As a soldier, the military puts you where they need you, which could be as a mechanic, welder, secretary, or any other type of work. These are all similar to civilian jobs.

If you want intense hand-to-hand combat training, depending on where you live, there are civilians who offer this type of training. Krav Maga or Sambo are combat techniques for incapacitating opponents and are not "sparring" sports. There are also gun clubs that teach you how to shoot. 

I understand what you mean about wanting to protect your family; however, the "lone wolf" or Rambo character is a myth. The best advice I can give is to keep abreast of the political situation where you live. Know which side to pick in a fight. The best way to know which way the wind is blowing is to know who is in control of the food supply. In America, the military is a tool of the politicians, and the politicians are the tools of corporations. Party affiliation means nothing - they are all bought and paid for by special interests and corporations, regardless of their rhetoric. While the politicians still hold power in the US, the military will serve the corporations, and people will still buy corporate processed food. When the shit eventually hits the fan here, some faction will target the commercial farms and property owners, and if the military backs them they'll win because the masses will support whoever feeds them. The most important thing to watch is who is in control of the federal police forces and secret services - in Turkey, for instance, Erdogan purged his military using the police recently. This is common and happened frequently in the early days of the Soviet Union, and it was always the federal police who did the purging. 

I don't visit this site much anymore, but I saw your OP and found it similar to my own thoughts when I was your age. These are my observations, take them for what they're worth, I'm just another asshole with an internet connection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Why?  I heard they took anyone even criminals.  

on the enlistment requirement, it said "to be physically fit for duty wherever he may be needed"

I believe I'm not qualified because... you know... fat...
 

2 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

If you don't get along well with other people (especially other guys), or if you are someone who always gets teased or bullied, you don't need to be in the military. 

when I was out of my house to renew my driving license, I can behave quite well, looks like I have a good acting skill... I don't mind to get teased, I just need to see it as friendly act, but to get bullied, yes, I think I will get problem with that, even though never consider myself to get beaten by someone...

 

2 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

Military training like the kind you are probably envisioning comprises maybe 1-2% of the entire armed forces...commandos, special operations, etc. Normal boot camp teaches people who have never held an assault rifle before how to load and shoot one. As a soldier, the military puts you where they need you, which could be as a mechanic, welder, secretary, or any other type of work. These are all similar to civilian jobs.

first of all, I think you understand me quite well.

yes, I'm aiming for sniper school and special operations... I ever visit this military website and they said I should be clear about where my career would go (what kind of soldier that I want to be), so I think I have the chance to get to the point I wish (?)

 

2 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

If you want intense hand-to-hand combat training, depending on where you live, there are civilians who offer this type of training. Krav Maga or Sambo are combat techniques for incapacitating opponents and are not "sparring" sports. There are also gun clubs that teach you how to shoot.

gun ownership is illegal here, let alone gun clubs...

 

2 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

I understand what you mean about wanting to protect your family; however, the "lone wolf" or Rambo character is a myth. The best advice I can give is to keep abreast of the political situation where you live. Know which side to pick in a fight. The best way to know which way the wind is blowing is to know who is in control of the food supply. In America, the military is a tool of the politicians, and the politicians are the tools of corporations. Party affiliation means nothing - they are all bought and paid for by special interests and corporations, regardless of their rhetoric. While the politicians still hold power in the US, the military will serve the corporations, and people will still buy corporate processed food. When the shit eventually hits the fan here, some faction will target the commercial farms and property owners, and if the military backs them they'll win because the masses will support whoever feeds them. The most important thing to watch is who is in control of the federal police forces and secret services - in Turkey, for instance, Erdogan purged his military using the police recently. This is common and happened frequently in the early days of the Soviet Union, and it was always the federal police who did the purging. 

sadly, US army is the only hope I have right now... I don't know any mercenary/PMC that will accept me...

 

2 hours ago, Klingcorn said:

I don't visit this site much anymore, but I saw your OP and found it similar to my own thoughts when I was your age. These are my observations, take them for what they're worth, I'm just another asshole with an internet connection. 

I enjoy your replies so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...you need to be able to pass a physical examination in any case.

If you want to protect your family, I'd suggest either emigrating to a more stable country or join the police forces in your country. Or join a resistance movement if they offer viable protection. The military is just a tool...it has physical power but only in limited, strictly defined circumstances (unless it's a military dictatorship). The difference between a "counter-terrorism operation" and a "coup" lies in which faction controls the courts. Whoever controls the courts and the federal police has the real power because they have universal powers of arrest and prosecution at all times. 

I don't have any more to add, it's an interesting thread. I'm not sure there are any safe places left in the world anymore - it seems to be a giant playground for overgrown children and moral busybodies with guns and atomic weapons, except for Europeans and some Americans who seem psychopathically intent on transforming themselves into Eloi. Good luck, I hope you and your family stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my intention is not to protect my family, but to protect myself... I'm the one that feel unsafe, not them... I'm not looking for stable country as well... I'm looking for military training and combat experience... police forces? they are one of the criminal... police in this country are nasty as police in china... resistance movement... I don't know... I'm unsure about them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The police always are that way...but we have a phrase in English "if you can't beat them, join them"...if you can stomach it. I would only do it to protect family, I don't give a shit about me. Anyway, good luck and take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×