Mental Support Community

Am i the only one lurking right now?

Lodz

@PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero It ain't slow, this is the most active it's been for a while. It's had an unusual amount of traffic the last few weeks because of a few rare female posts. Every cunt and his dog have been throwing their cure for cancer at the wall in the hopes that their particular brand of bullshit will stick, me included. It's all we've got I guess haha. Other than that, welcome to the forum. Roughly where abouts are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

I was going to be a smartass and say "PDX, dude" but I see you're from the UK so you probably aren't familiar with what PDX means (actually, I bet a lot of Americans aren't, but then again a lot of Americans don't know shit if you know what I'm saying lol, although at least the bit in Alabama redeemed themselves a little last week). Anyways, PDX is a nickname (also the airport code) for Portland, OR in the Pacific Northwest. I'm about a 2 hour drive south of where that terrible train accident happened earlier today. If you want to get technical, I'm from Vancouver, WA but I just say Portland, OR because they border eachother (only a river called The Columbia separates the two cities and the two states) and because if I were to say Vancouver, people (especially Brits) would think Vancouver, B.C, and if I said Washington, people (especially Brits? maybe not so much on this one) would think Washington D.C. I know there's a t-shirt that says "Vancouver, not B.C., Washington, not D.C.". Anyways, which part of Brit land are you from? I am a bit of an Anglophile (if I spelled that correctly) myself.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-12-18 at 5:23 PM, PDXsUnHungAndUnsungHero said:

I was going to be a smartass and say "PDX, dude" but I see you're from the UK so you probably aren't familiar with what PDX means (actually, I bet a lot of Americans aren't, but then again a lot of Americans don't know shit if you know what I'm saying lol, although at least the bit in Alabama redeemed themselves a little last week). Anyways, PDX is a nickname (also the airport code) for Portland, OR in the Pacific Northwest. I'm about a 2 hour drive south of where that terrible train accident happened earlier today. If you want to get technical, I'm from Vancouver, WA but I just say Portland, OR because they border eachother (only a river called The Columbia separates the two cities and the two states) and because if I were to say Vancouver, people (especially Brits) would think Vancouver, B.C, and if I said Washington, people (especially Brits? maybe not so much on this one) would think Washington D.C. I know there's a t-shirt that says "Vancouver, not B.C., Washington, not D.C.". Anyways, which part of Brit land are you from? I am a bit of an Anglophile (if I spelled that correctly) myself.

I usually say I live in Vancouver, BC. Even though I live in the greater Vancouver area. In a place called New Westminster.