Mental Support Community

----

YOTH

You're not soppy, nor a git! :D And I totally agree with you that it "should" happen more often (not that we could force anyone, of course ;) ).  I'm glad you posted what you posted - I hope it can be an inspiration for some. (We usually don't mention on the forum having made friends here - perhaps it's a shame!) I'm particularly glad that you recommend it, as it shows you're not "bitter" about the experience because of its tragic end (sorry for mentioning it but you surely think of it anyway :(  ).

It is tragic, but if I could go back in time and avoid making contact to save the pain, I wouldn't. Like with most people his mental state was six of one, half a dozen of the other. I think the sps just adds the extra weight that can break the camel's back. Made me take stock and tell some family that I love them. The time is short

44 minutes ago, YOTH said:

It is tragic, but if I could go back in time and avoid making contact to save the pain, I wouldn't. 

A friendship like this can stay with us in some ways, even after loss I think. The interactions and memories will always be in our hearts.

I also shared a friendship that I valued with another forum member here. We had plans to meet, but unfortunately he died before that could ever happen. You just never know where you might encounter a kindred spirit. My advice would be to not wait, don't wait to make an in person connection if that's what you both want. It's so true, the time is short. I am grateful for the friendships I have shared here.

I'm glad that you and Tom met and shared friendship.