Mental Support Community

“Finally, A New Emoji...”

Klingsor

I will say for me it’s been nice to be able to speak with Resolute, Small, and more recently Yoth. Although I still tend to be self-conscious even with them, I’ve been able to speak freely about all this shit which is therapeutic in its own way. I’ve never had genuine friends, only acquaintances. Everyone I have called a friend I never really trusted and definitely would never have discussed SPS. 

I won’t go into detail but HR is working to get me moved to a position that requires minimal human interaction. If that doesn’t work out I’ve got some interviews coming up. Things are relatively ok and stable as long as all I have to do is go to work and come home. It’s when there’s traveling and meetings and non-routine bullshit that disequilibrium hits and all it takes is reading something like that Vice article to set me off. I found it at the worst possible time.

@Klingsor hey man always good to see a post.  I totally agree about the advert and I picked up on the message on both the top and bottom pic.  This is dudes putting this out. Unbelievable.  

I completely agree w everything else you said.  My only other point, and I made this on another thread, is that there are guys that find happiness and meaning in other activities.  A perfect solution? Nope. I doubt there are any. 

One of the things that makes me question evolution is how humanity can be so demonic and self destructive when the mammals we evolved from just live their instincts and roles harmoniously in nature?  

Best wishes for you and everyone here. It's a tough life for all of us.  

1 hour ago, Victimorthecrime said:

One of the things that makes me question evolution is how humanity can be so demonic and self destructive when the mammals we evolved from just live their instincts and roles harmoniously in nature?  

I have wondered about this as well. We can certainly do better.. I still have that hope anyway.

Klingsor, wishing you and everyone here peace.

58 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

My only other point, and I made this on another thread, is that there are guys that find happiness and meaning in other activities.  A perfect solution? Nope. I doubt there are any.

Victim, this is an important point and a valid one. I don’t disagree at all. In fact I think this is a key to understanding the issue. “Where your treasure is, there your heart is also”. I’ll give 3 examples: Small copes with SPS fairly successfully. It doesn’t consume him like it does me, he’s able to carry on a fairly normal life. I’ve made no secret about my obsessions with sex and sexuality since I was a kid which makes having a small dick torture. I don’t know how much is due to cultural and environmental factors, but I’ve speculated about it in my private writings. Resolute did not suffer from SPS but killed himself because of a general perceived lack of success. This translated into a feeling of EMASCULATION. So even though he didn’t have dick problems, he still felt “small”. So yes, what you say plays a critical role in how men cope differently with this.

Klingsor you need to take a chillpill and stop analyzing this constantly I think its clear you've become OBSESSED with this problem. I've been where you are and became consumed by this issue (obsessions with feeling small) to the point any slight triggering hint of anything negative relating to my size or my size not being enough sexually would had driven me into a deep dark despair in a major way or even self harm in some instances. I wasted YEARS of my life being this consumed and obsessed with my size concern. There's countless things that can trigger it if your mind is primed in this mindset and these things will be blown way out of proportion in this dangerous psyche mode.

I'm not saying this isn't bad for you and affects you strongly but just TRY to put things in perspective yes it sucks but It isn't THAT serious.

@FloridaDood898 There is no chill pill. All of the men who come here suffer from phallic psychosis. It should be treated the same as every other form of psychosis. You wouldn't tell an anorexic to "take a chill pill and eat" because you know that it wouldn't work, so do the doctors who have been studying anorexia for years. Our condition has been ignored by mainstream psychologists and might as well be a stubbed toe when speaking to GP's and doctors. Motion in the ocean is their favourite prescription.

I beat this condition for the most part through mind training and obsessively watching my thoughts instead of obsessing over my insecurities, but it took me years. I'm also still overcoming it on a day to day basis. I'm assuming you are too because why are you in here to begin with? I've seen it eat men from the inside out and watched as they slowly lose their sanity and take their own and others lives. It's not only different to other conditions, it's extremely unique. The torture of men over size is widely considered acceptable in every crevice of life. Work, home, social media. You can't escape. This isn't something that will be undone with one cheerleading pep rally comment, it runs deeper than anything else in our culture as it's built into to our very evolution and survival. But we're not apes in the trees, we've evolved enough to recognise that this treatment of men is unacceptable.

I know myself that it doesn't have to be this way, but that means nothing to people in the storm, this needs to be treated by specifically trained psychologists, not some shitty magazine agony aunt. It isn't even about acceptance, at its core it's about compassion. To not torture another human being for something completely out of their control. But the reality is that we continue to be treated like plague victims and that won't change any time soon. 

I have faith in Klingsor. No matter what he does in life, no matter what he chooses to do, where he chooses to work and live. I have faith in him. But he's gonna do and feel and think about things that I can't change, I have no control, I can only be there as a pal without the judgement. But I have my own reasons as well. I need people in my life who understand what I go through, someone I can talk to without them making a comment that makes me want to ground to swallow me up. I'm grateful for that. 

This place is a mausoleum for the thoughts, worries and tribulations of the first man who ever suffered from this condition. But he had nobody. We have eachother. Don't give up, don't suffer alone, reach out. People can reach out to me whenever they want. To me size is irrelevant, the physical form isn't what matters, it's the content I care about. The person behind the defences, the annoyed, tired, angry, vicious lunatic that this condition turned us towards. So we can get past it and find the normal people we really are behind the desperate posts and faceless rants. 

I'm not having a go Florida Dood. It's just not as straight forward as you think it is. And even if in truth it is that straight forward, the reversal of this thought system definitely isn't. 

K it just doesn't hurt to have someone say something to at least TRY and make someone see things a little more level headed even if for a few moments. I'm not expecting what I said to be what someone with this problem needs to hear to make them have a lightbulb moment to snap out of it but I know when I was seriously messed up with this stuff It'd help me out at least if only temporarily to see even just a little smidgen of rationality.

You are right in it isn't really something thats taken as serious as it should be but I think a big reason for this is so many men not wanting to admit it. I am betting if a lot more men were honest and came forward about their legit small or tiny size or percieved small or tiny size the whole thing would gain some serious momentum and would simply have to be taken more serious from a mental health concern standpoint. As it stands now its still in the minority because besides us people being anonyomous on these types of forums it isn't talked about.

It isn't just guys who are humiliated with this type of thing I mean a lot of women are brought down and humiliated about their lack of chest size/ass size growing up even into adulthood. I've heard stories of suicides linked to girls growing up with only slightly smaller than average chest sizes yet end up killing themselves. While they can have boob jobs done etc but people will still know they are a boobjob. How many girls across the world right now are suffering and dieng through anorexia simply because of their paranoia to be even half a pound overweight to them qualify as fat? anyone can look at some of these anorexia horror stories online and all this seems like a walk in the park by comparison.

Some need to realise we aren't the only ones suffering believe me.

3 hours ago, Klingsor said:

In fact I think this is a key to understanding the issue. “Where your treasure is, there your heart is also”. I’ll give 3 examples: Small copes with SPS fairly successfully. It doesn’t consume him like it does me, he’s able to carry on a fairly normal life. I’ve made no secret about my obsessions with sex and sexuality since I was a kid which makes having a small dick torture. I don’t know how much is due to cultural and environmental factors, but I’ve speculated about it in my private writings. Resolute did not suffer from SPS but killed himself because of a general perceived lack of success. This translated into a feeling of EMASCULATION. So even though he didn’t have dick problems, he still felt “small”. So yes, what you say plays a critical role in how men cope differently with this.

It really saddens me that Resolute did what he did because of the way he thought he wasn't a success. A bit political but maybe if there had been a more robust financial safety net available to him he'd still be here.

I've never understood why people correlate the whole penis size thing with breasts size and butt size. Neither of those two are required to satisfy a man sexually. A man is never going to reject a woman for having small breasts or the size of her ass. Not to her face anyway. Women with small breasts aren't mocked and ridiculed in the media the way small penises are.

I don't get it.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why so many girls and women have insecurities in these areas but I feel they are more general body dysmorphic issues. Women don't reject small penises because of the way they look. Well it's not the main reason. There really is no equivalent of the penis when it comes to women's bodies.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:20 AM, lifelongvirgin said:

I can understand why so many girls and women have insecurities in these areas but I feel they are more general body dysmorphic issues. Women don't reject small penises because of the way they look. Well it's not the main reason. There really is no equivalent of the penis when it comes to women's bodies.

Dysmorphic seems to mean in Psych circles that the victim is obsessed about felt and/or real body defects.  Odd that real defects are put on the same footing when the former real defects require adjustment to real problems while the latter requires reversal of false conditioning.