Mental Support Community

Dare I say it...Politics

GoldenBoyX

I'm not even sure how to broach this one. It just feels like in the last couple years penis size has become political. Obviously the running gag in liberal circles about Trump's hands (and penis).

And I get a vibe on this forum that there's sort of an overarching resentment of feminists. And perhaps even a right wing bent. It's not a bad thing, and I'm certainly not saying this out of any personal political interest. I'm honestly just curious and know how sensitive a topic this is.

I'm obviously not expecting anybody to answer any of this in any particular way and suspect there may be some discomfort around the whole topic, but if anybody is brave enough:

- For the people posting in this forum, if you're comfortable, what are your political views?

- Do you feel like your views about your penis have informed or colored your political views?

- Do you think the attitudes of the left may be driving small penis young men to the right?

- Is there even a relationship between penis and politics?

- Have your politics evolved over the years you've evolved your views on women and your penis?

- What can happen at the political level to improve on the whole penis size issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I am, for the most part, over to the left...Bernie over Hillary any day. I don't like most political"discussion" that occurs on Facebook or in comments sections of YouTube or news sites.  I try to avoid labeling people or being a politically correct police officer. My political views have evolved in that i used to be a devout Catholic, which forced my voting to the right, mainly to be in step with their opposition to abortion.  I don't know that my anxiety over size, which is not the monster in my life that it once was, had a real effect on political views. It's tough to say if hypothetically being well hung would have made any difference.

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 1:30 AM, YOTH said:

Positive or negative, don't care which. If someone talks about Trump, I mentally switch off.

Two conservative US Supreme Court appointments so far and 90 conservative federal judges confirmed by the Senate. Many more awaiting confirmation. The best economy in decades, energy independence, tax reform, the unwinding of most of Obama's executive orders and regulations, the desecration of ISIS, etc. And he's not even half through his eight year presidency!

Are you mentally switched off yet? 

#MAGA   #TRUMP2020

On 4/10/2019 at 1:49 AM, GoldenBoyX said:

I'm not even sure how to broach this one. It just feels like in the last couple years penis size has become political. Obviously the running gag in liberal circles about Trump's hands (and penis).

And I get a vibe on this forum that there's sort of an overarching resentment of feminists. And perhaps even a right wing bent. It's not a bad thing, and I'm certainly not saying this out of any personal political interest. I'm honestly just curious and know how sensitive a topic this is.

I'm obviously not expecting anybody to answer any of this in any particular way and suspect there may be some discomfort around the whole topic, but if anybody is brave enough:

- For the people posting in this forum, if you're comfortable, what are your political views?

- Do you feel like your views about your penis have informed or colored your political views?

- Do you think the attitudes of the left may be driving small penis young men to the right?

- Is there even a relationship between penis and politics?

- Have your politics evolved over the years you've evolved your views on women and your penis?

- What can happen at the political level to improve on the whole penis size issue?

I'm not even american, however I believe Trump is neither the monster democrats see nor the savior the republicans see as well.

About the hands issue...It's sad that to even the most  liberal, politically correct "snowflakes" who advocate anti bullying and  and look for racism, homophobia and persecution in everything and anything the small penis is STILL a joke...

Pd I don't think this is a democrats exclusive issue for it was Ted cruise, a republican, who began with the joke.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 1:34 AM, Helpless_loner said:

I'm not even american, however I believe Trump is neither the monster democrats see nor the savior the republicans see as well.

About the hands issue...It's sad that to even the most  liberal, politically correct "snowflakes" who advocate anti bullying and  and look for racism, homophobia and persecution in everything and anything the small penis is STILL a joke...

Pd I don't think this is a democrats exclusive issue for it was Ted cruise, a republican, who began with the joke.

No, it was Marco Rubio who started the joke.

I'm a right leaning libertarian.

It is amazing to me how the left is so comfortable with small penis jokes while pretending to be so ultra sensitive about everything else.

Marco Rubio is alleged to be gay though married.  There are photos of him at gay club swimming pool "bubble parties" when he was young.

Aside from that, I don't see much small penis abuse on the right.

I think my above average interest in following politics might be due to my restricted social life which was a reaction to my small penis.

• 9 months later...
On 7/31/2019 at 11:28 PM, uptight outasight said:

It is amazing to me how the left is so comfortable with small penis jokes.

Aside from that, I don't see much small penis abuse on the right.

Conservative Christian, anti-liberal, anti-gay, anti-immigrant Ann Coulter: 

It’s always there hovering right under the surface, waiting for an opportune moment. The reason you don’t hear it as much is because there’s a real “conspiracy of silence” surrounding the topic. So much emphasis is placed on masculinity and the masculinity crisis in right-wing politics that they really can’t do anything else because to acknowledge it would be risking the accusation of FAGGGGOT and FEMMMINIST, but to not mention it runs counter to the anti-trans politics and what it means to be a man, etc. So they can’t do anything except skirt around the topic until a breaks loose at certain times like above.

P.S. Nearly 7,000 likes and counting! Her posts normally only hit the 1,000-1,500 range. 

P.P.S. For some context here, Coulter posted this after a very long, very insulting twitter rant about Trump, whom she feels has betrayed the conservative movement. As part of that rant, she questioned his masculinity several times. 

Personal story I avoided sharing here for a long time: 

I (used) to work in factories and safety training is regular thing when you work in one. At one place I worked, the safety coordinator decided in the interest of making the training engaging, instead of the customary PowerPoint slides and shitty VHS tapes, to do an interactive “game show” type thing where the employees could join through their phones and answer questions about the safety topics kind of like jeopardy. As part of this, you had to come up with a name for yourself at the start of the game that is displayed to the whole room on the overhead screen.

I’m in there with about 35 employees, all floor workers, technicians, mechanics, etc. in other words all working class. Only me and one other guy had college degrees. I live in the heart of Trump country and none of these guys could be considered liberal in any sense of the word. 

I am not exaggerating: literally every single made up name they chose had something to do with dicks or penis size...”Dirk Diggler”, “Dingler Road”, “Blake the Snake” (that dude was frequently a topic of jokes because he supposedly had a gigantic dick), and on and on, too many to remember.

A group of straight working class men, no women. Yet when I bring something like this up here, I’m told by the experts it’s fundamentally different than when a feminist mentions a penis. No one has ever been able to explain this to me...they just make a stupid fucking joke or tell me it’s just different. I’m told, “oh it’s boys being boys”, by the same people who tell me only women and gay men make an issue out of penis size. In terms of training engagement, it was one of the most successful I’ve seen, they loved the naming part before the actual game, trying to outdo each other metaphorically with dick size. 

@uptight outasight thoughts? You of anyone here would be most likely to know what I’m talking about.

There’s also the instances of the same type of guys pulling out their balls in the break room and sitting them on another dude’s shoulders or making “bat wings” with their ballsacks, etc...too numerous to count. I’m sure they were all just closeted homosexuals or feminists though.

That’s been my entire point all along and one reason why I say there’s no fundamental differences. They say the same thing where I am except there isn’t all this sophistical bullshit surrounding the issue...it’s just taken for fucking granted. Which ought to be obvious considering that feminism is considered so aberrant here so as not to even exist.

And isn’t that basically the premise of feminism? That a woman can do anything a man can, but without a dick and balls, can essentially BE a man without the corresponding genitalia? That it’s all just a matter of “attitude”? But if that’s true, aren’t the dudes here (many who like to lay the blame for all this on “liberals”) who say that masculinity is more than a penis, aren’t they actually feminists? And isn’t political feminism seen as the underpinning of “gender identity” politics, the idea that biological sex (genitalia) is not essential to determining gender identity?

So if you call yourself politically opposed to that, and firmly believe that biological characteristics determine gender, how does it NOT follow that you will place an emphasis on the size/development of these genitals as a determinant of the degree of gender identification, in the same way that muscular development or skeletal structure is evaluated as the degree of approach to a masculine ideal?

It is unbelievable to me that people are so stupid or so fucking bullheaded that something so obvious has to be laid out this analytically.

TL;DR 

TL;DR

TL;DR

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A DROSOPHILIA:

Does a “real man” have big muscles, thick skin, strong chin, and a dick and balls because he “identifies” as a man or is he a real man because he has big muscles, thick skin, strong chin, and a dick and balls?

On 5/26/2020 at 8:25 AM, Klingsor said:

@uptight outasight thoughts? You of anyone here would be most likely to know what I’m talking about.

Yes, of course, I have seen that mentality, most often among Southern Hillbillies transplanted to Northern factories.

I always handled it by showing no emotions like I was fully confident of my intellectual superiority without provoking them either.  Fortunately, I was practiced in that from sports participation in HS and being bigger than most guys.  Fortunately, my visits to such venues were short as an engineering consultant or expert.  Thus, they wouldn't have time to "break me down."  Ordinarily, I worked in a "white collar" environment.

I've noticed that such behavior has diminished in the major factories where I consulted probably due to the increasing presence of women  and minorities even in the factory "union" skilled trade jobs.  Maybe even low status men now avail themselves of personnel protections.  Gays do.  But, I'm over 70, so I have seen a lot of changes.

Did you ever consider taking a job in the North?  I assume jobs will exist again someday.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, Klingsor said:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A DROSOPHILIA:

Does a “real man” have big muscles, thick skin, strong chin, and a dick and balls because he “identifies” as a man or is he a real man because he has big muscles, thick skin, strong chin, and a dick and balls?

I asked a woman who was into the "70 sexes" "identification" thing what she would do if her son turned-out to have low masculinity.  She claimed she would accept that, but couldn't explain how he was supposed to handle it. . .  she almost said he should transgender, but checked herself.  Her boys though young are obviously quite masculine so she hadn't thought it through.  All she can think is that if a man says he identifies as a woman, we should support that.  

I said I have nothing against being polite and respectful, but that isn't really the issue.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Klingsor said:

That’s been my entire point all along and one reason why I say there’s no fundamental differences. They say the same thing where I am except there isn’t all this sophistical bullshit surrounding the issue...it’s just taken for fucking granted. Which ought to be obvious considering that feminism is considered so aberrant here so as not to even exist.

And isn’t that basically the premise of feminism? That a woman can do anything a man can, but without a dick and balls, can essentially BE a man without the corresponding genitalia? That it’s all just a matter of “attitude”? But if that’s true, aren’t the dudes here (many who like to lay the blame for all this on “liberals”) who say that masculinity is more than a penis, aren’t they actually feminists? And isn’t political feminism seen as the underpinning of “gender identity” politics, the idea that biological sex (genitalia) is not essential to determining gender identity?

So if you call yourself politically opposed to that, and firmly believe that biological characteristics determine gender, how does it NOT follow that you will place an emphasis on the size/development of these genitals as a determinant of the degree of gender identification, in the same way that muscular development or skeletal structure is evaluated as the degree of approach to a masculine ideal?

It is unbelievable to me that people are so stupid or so fucking bullheaded that something so obvious has to be laid out this analytically.

Low masculinity men are "near women" according to traditional instinctive standards which our society is allegedly trying to over-ride.  The give-away is the powerful endorsement of transgenderism.  That endorsement implies there is NO PLACE for low masculinity xy men nor low feminity (high masculinity) xx women.  You must be one or the other!

On 5/26/2020 at 8:03 AM, Klingsor said:

Conservative Christian, anti-liberal, anti-gay, anti-immigrant Ann Coulter: 

There are many "church boy" moralist men on the right.  Not the natural working class right (they support big government/welfarism/unionism), but intellectual conservatives/libertarians, etc. 

The LEFT, I think, feels right-wing intellectuals are in reaction to their lack of masculinity and small penises.  Might be some truth to that.

Ann Coulter is quite masculine with a large Adam's Apple, etc.

1 hour ago, uptight outasight said:

Did you ever consider taking a job in the North?

No, I never realized the differences were that stark. I've met and worked with several "rednecks" from northern states over the years, usually Wisconsin. Plus, your numerous comments about this issue makes me think I'd just be exchanging an existing bigotry and superiority complex for another - or more accurately adding to it since you say the Phallocracy is alive and well in the Midwest.

Here's a clip of Joe Biden quarreling with a factory worker in Michigan. He doesn't sound like a Southerner in any sense of the word to me, but he does look like just one more out of a thousand factory workers I've had to deal with through the years, although most plants I've worked in he'd have to shave that massive beard off (I've never understood why the "New Right" types who claim to hate Muslims have such an obsession with beards).

Low masculinity men are "near women" according to traditional instinctive standards which our society is allegedly trying to over-ride.  The give-away is the powerful endorsement of transgenderism.  That endorsement implies there is NO PLACE for low masculinity xy men nor low feminity (high masculinity) xx women.  You must be one or the other!

Exactly. That's an interesting take on transgender politics, I have mostly studied it from the opposition sides. But you are correct because both support and opposition for it tend to the same result....gender polarization.

Here's a very intriguing forum thread on reddit I came across recently: https://np.reddit.com/r/GenderCritical/comments/g9k16a/top_surgery_erases_women_with_small_breasts/ Word for word, if you substituted "penis" for "breast", it sounds exactly like something you'd read in this forum.

There are many "church boy" moralist men on the right.  Not the natural working class right (they support big government/welfarism/unionism), but intellectual conservatives/libertarians, etc.

Yes, that's a real distinction to be made, one which the internet recognized since 2014...what you call church boy conservatives the "New Right" aka "alt-Right" aka "working class right" simply calls "Cucks" or Cuckservatives.

The LEFT, I think, feels right-wing intellectuals are in reaction to their lack of masculinity and small penises.  Might be some truth to that.

https://observer.com/2014/11/jerry-rubin-his-penis-and-me-a-very-short-story/

Left wing reader: Those poor women, what must he have put them through with his insecurities about his penis. He really should have just chosen celibacy rather than the daily microaggressions against women caused by his small penis.

Right wing reader: Jewish liberals have little dicks, Bruh! Those women needed some big, fat uncircumcised Aryan cock! A real man, Bro! I can bench 600 pounds, Brah! Bro!

18 hours ago, Klingsor said:

Here's a clip of Joe Biden quarreling with a factory worker in Michigan. He doesn't sound like a Southerner in any sense of the word to me, but he does look like just one more out of a thousand factory workers I've had to deal with through the years, although most plants I've worked in he'd have to shave that massive beard off (I've never understood why the "New Right" types who claim to hate Muslims have such an obsession with beards).

Ya look a lot more masculine with a beard and your wimpy emotions show less.

19 hours ago, Klingsor said:

No, I never realized the differences were that stark. I've met and worked with several "rednecks" from northern states over the years, usually Wisconsin. Plus, your numerous comments about this issue makes me think I'd just be exchanging an existing bigotry and superiority complex for another - or more accurately adding to it since you say the Phallocracy is alive and well in the Midwest.

Probably just a matter of degree.  I didn't mean to imply the difference is totally stark.  I consulted in a UAW Kentucky plant for a time back in the 60s.  Considerably more brutal than UAW plants in the North at the same time.  In the South, managers and supervisors would "literally" get in your face shouting if they disagreed with a white collar guy, but not with the UAW guys.  I don't recall seeing a single Black UAW member there though I think there were a few.  Definitely no white collar Blacks, not even foremen.

I think I've mentioned before that I grew-up in a wealthy Northern Suburb, but happened to live in the part adjacent to a rough "hillbilly" neighborhood that preceded the wealthy suburban development.  Thus, I went to grade school with the rough Southern transplants.  It was hell for a kid apparently lacking normal hormonal sufficiency.  I was lucky to be bigger than most and good at a few sports.

The Jr. High and HS environment was much more civilized.  However, of course, the differences are just a 1/4" deep, a veneer over human nature.