Mental Support Community

Klingsor

Great TV show and movie called Gommorah. It's an Italian mafia show but made in Italy rather than the US. It's unbelievably gritty and real. I saw both seasons in a shop for £3 each but I'm so fucking poor I couldn't afford it. I hope one day I look back at that moment and think 'hey, remember that time I was 6 quid too poor to buy something for 6 quid?'

The Shield isn't like CSI, it's more like The Wire or The Sopranos in terms of quality, definitely not your bog standard crime programme. It is about cops, but it's such a good show, so many amazing storylines, I highly recommend it.

I'm currently watching The Good Place, which is hilarious. Another season of Z Nation is out on Tuesday (I love campy zombie stuff if it has charm, which it does) and Man In The High Castle has a new season out as well. I'll have to watch that on Kodi tho, I'm not paying for prime again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 3:07 AM, Klingsor said:

Talk about escapes from daily hell.

Since the beginning of last year, I love to escape "to another, fictional, hell" ;o) , or, rather, "to the devil": The series Lucifer on Netflix (plus many of the things around on YouTube and social media - like outtakes, fan-made videos, ...) is something I could call "my guilty pleasure". ;) Here are some musical excerpts:

(warning; early in this first video, a murder takes place, unfortunately (it spoils the song!))

On 8/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, Klingsor said:

Oh and I have begun watching Star Trek the Next Generation. Never really liked ST but I’m getting into these. I like the technical aspects of it and I also like Mr. Data and how he never shuts up 😂

I never watched or liked Star Trek much when I was a kid growing up. My h was a huge fan so I would watch it with him. I started to enjoy it after a while! I even went to a few conventions back in the early 2000's, haha. I once rode in a taxi with the actor who played the doctor on Voyager (can't recall his name) TNG was the first Trek series that caught my attention, but Enterprise ended up being my favorite.

@IrmaJean

I’m not a big sci-fi fan to begin with and I never liked the original ST at all, except I did really enjoy Wrath of Khan a lot. I watched that as a concession to a relative of mine and liked it so much I bought the DVD. I thought it was well directed, and my favorite stories are ones in which a small cast of characters are isolated from the main mythology. By that I mean the story has indications and hints that there is an underlying, grand narrative and setting, but we don’t see that, only a small subset of it, isolated and hidden from anything happening in the bigger picture. That’s what I thought Wrath was...there weren’t any space aliens or overarching stuff about the mythology, just a good, well-paced story of revenge set in space. You didn’t need to be a Trekkie to enjoy it.

I’m liking TNG so far. Some episodes aren’t so good to me, but I like the ones that mimic what I just said, the ones where it’s just the crew and the spaceship. I like Captain Picard much more than Captain Kirk. He isn’t a cocky womanizer like Kirk was portrayed. My next favorites are Geordi Laforge and Mr. Data.

I rented a movie called “Suspiria” on Amazon about a coven of witches operating out of a dance academy. I have seen a lot of graphic movies, they’re practically unavoidable. I also have a strong stomach and gore doesn’t bother me much usually, but I want to tell you that this movie had one of the most gruesome death scenes I have ever witnessed. It nearly made me sick to my stomach to watch it, and the extraordinary thing is there isn’t a single drop of blood spilled during the entire scene, but it was nauseating to watch. Extremely gruesome movie, dumb plot. Regret that I spent money on it.