Mental Support Community

New age bionic plaque

Daveuk

13 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

If all goes well I will be doing work from home soon

I wonder how long it will be until people realize that it took a massive public health crisis to force companies to allow employees to work from home - apparently something they could have already been doing for years instead of making the daily grinding commute to those adult daycare centers known as J-O-B-S.

**Preface: when I post stories or links to mainstream news articles it does not imply ideological solidarity.**

Tucker Carlson had an interesting segment on his show that appeared in my Youtube recommendations in which he discussed higher education in a similar way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiZSF1Pi0M

I tend to agree with much of what he says here. I graduated high school in the midst of the Bush-era initiative pushing the need for STEM careers in the US. Because I was a stupid, ignorant, naive rube, isolated from the real world and guided by school counselors also too stupid to think for themselves, I took this at face value and did not realize it was all just one more marketing scam pushed by big universities. In the post-Bush years, younger commentators and pundits, especially on Fox, have been increasingly vocal in the worthlessness of higher education, in favor of trade schools and the like.

This is terrifying:

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818327945/israel-begins-tracking-and-texting-those-possibly-exposed-to-the-coronavirus

Then this:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/18/beijing_fears_covid-19_is_turning_point_for_china_globalization__142686.html

More broadly, the pandemic of 2020 has brought doubts about globalization into the mainstream. Decades of open borders, unceasing intercontinental travel, study abroad, just-in-time inventory systems, and the like have created unexpected vulnerabilities in populations and economies thanks to unfettered openness.

Those who assumed that global markets were the optimal economic model and would always work, now have to consider whether globalization is the best system for dealing with pandemics like coronavirus... ... Perhaps the biggest long-term economic effect of coronavirus will be on long-standing assumptions about global supply chains. 

Coronavirus is a diabolus ex machina...

I wonder why that would be?

@Klingsor the experts may be able to use that information to find out what the extra protection is that women may have, who knows, it may help with a vax or at the very least it's important to know when health/keyworker staff get rostered. This may be one situation where men need extra shielding and safety gear.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:10 PM, Klingsor said:

Does anyone know where @LaLa lives? No need to say it out loud for her privacy. Just hope she’s ok.

Hello! Sorry for not posting here these days - it didn't occur to me that I might make some people worry!

I live in Canada and I'm not worried much about Canada and myself here, while I'm quite worried about my home country and my family there.

My husband works from home since the cases started appearing "around" (not far away from our town). I'm still doing volunteering at least once a week; we have special measures taken, so I hope it's relatively safe (certainly more that going shopping :( ...). Most of our volunteers are around 70, so... I hope the younger ones of us can replace them (so far,  many of them still come).

I have to go now, I hope I'll write more another time...

There are currently 15 people in the county I live in now diagnosed with coronavirus. Yesterday, I had to print out paperwork for all of our employees that will prove to the authorities (should we be stopped by them) that we are out of the house in transit to our job, which is considered essential. Our state is going in lockdown mode over the weekend. At work, we are sanitizing contact points every few hours. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and was shocked by how empty the shelves were.

How is everyone doing during these uncertain times? I hope everyone stays healthy and safe.

MVIMG_20200320_160209.jpg

On 3/20/2020 at 11:21 AM, jazz said:

I wonder why that would be?

No clue but she’s one of our “Coronavirus Task Force” doctors and stated it very clearly on national television yesterday in front of the press pool. I’m surprised I haven’t really seen anything mentioned about it. Figured the culture warriors would be all over it from both angles. 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:26 PM, Klingsor said:

Since we're living in plague times, I'll share the origin of the name "Klingsor". Only one person in the whole history of my participation in the SPS forum guessed it, his name was DRK.

Klingsor is a character from Wagner's adaptation of the medieval story of Parzival. In Wagner's version, Klingsor longed to be a knight, but turned to evil and sorcery because he was "the man made smooth between the legs" ... i.e. impotent.

This in turn led to the naming of an obscure medical condition in which a man practices self-mutilation on his genitals.

Impotent?  No, castrated!

19 hours ago, Klingsor said:

No clue but she’s one of our “Coronavirus Task Force” doctors and stated it very clearly on national television yesterday in front of the press pool. I’m surprised I haven’t really seen anything mentioned about it. Figured the culture warriors would be all over it from both angles. 

Most likely, women are, on average, less abusive to themselves with bad habits.

Until testing is widespread, that is, testing of a random sample, we won't know what the virus iceberg looks like.

If it turns-out an already large % of the population already has corona-19, the death statistics are not alarming.  If not, then the opposite!

On 3/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, Klingsor said:

I wonder how long it will be until people realize that it took a massive public health crisis to force companies to allow employees to work from home - apparently something they could have already been doing for years instead of making the daily grinding commute to those adult daycare centers known as J-O-B-S.

**Preface: when I post stories or links to mainstream news articles it does not imply ideological solidarity.**

Tucker Carlson had an interesting segment on his show that appeared in my Youtube recommendations in which he discussed higher education in a similar way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPiZSF1Pi0M

I tend to agree with much of what he says here. I graduated high school in the midst of the Bush-era initiative pushing the need for STEM careers in the US. Because I was a stupid, ignorant, naive rube, isolated from the real world and guided by school counselors also too stupid to think for themselves, I took this at face value and did not realize it was all just one more marketing scam pushed by big universities. In the post-Bush years, younger commentators and pundits, especially on Fox, have been increasingly vocal in the worthlessness of higher education, in favor of trade schools and the like.

This is terrifying:

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818327945/israel-begins-tracking-and-texting-those-possibly-exposed-to-the-coronavirus

Then this:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/03/18/beijing_fears_covid-19_is_turning_point_for_china_globalization__142686.html

Bilogically, globalism has always been a fool's adventure.  Maybe good at creating interdependence which makes "war" difficult, but very foolish regarding disease, invasive species, etc.

If this crisis was planned, the planners sold short making TRILLIONS on the unexpected interruption of the Trump economic boom.

Now they are buying up everything they want.  Shortly it will be announced various anti-virals and zinc are good protection and treatment.

Thus, the crisis will end unexpectedly and the conspirators will make TRILLIONS as the market recovers!

THE INVESTOR OR SPECULATOR conspiracy theory. . .  Maybe not though if they really want depopulation in the name of the environment and "global warming."

I’m still struck by the fact that this virus is optimally suited for causing the maximum amount of chaos and disruption while minimizing loss of life, except those already considered expendable. 

They’re going to become increasingly heavy handed in enforcing lockdowns. What happens when these lockdowns continue for 2, 3, 4 weeks or even months? Everyone under 35 will mutiny. They’ve already nicknamed Coronavirus the “Boomer Remover”.