Mental Support Community

New age bionic plaque

Daveuk

@jazz the only thing that’s changed where I live is that restaurants have closed their dining rooms (takeout only), grocery stores have trimmed their hours, and schools are closed. Hospitals, care facilities etc have added visiting protocols. Other than that nothing has changed.

Think of the sheer terror this virus would have caused had it been a genital rotting virus...they would have barricaded themselves in concrete vaults for years if necessary. 

50 minutes ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Yes I saw that too @Daveuk, a snippet of Boris Johnson speech. No one is happy about it but this is what infectious disease experts say is needed to stop or even slow this thing. I’m on board.  

Yeah, but we can't have medical experts have the last word.  They are not economic experts.  We cannot afford to destroy whole economies. . .that kills too.  Someone one must balance various concerns:  the elected officials.

It hit 80F here today. Hell would literally have to freeze over twice before they successfully implemented a national lockdown in the US during the spring/summer, especially the southern us. 

Aside from the general belief hot weather kills these types of viruses, I am probably the only male under 70 years old within 500 mile radius  who stays indoors and looks out the window when the weather is like this because as I’ve pointed out ten billion times in the penis forum, most men don’t suffer from these psychological issues for a number of reasons.

So what will happen? You’ll have tens of millions of unemployed adolescents and young adults with absolutely nothing to do except collectively ignore the curfew and screw each other all day every day. And when they get hungry just hop on YouTube and watch some how to videos about communal gardening and raising chickens. Get hot and sweaty and dirty and post pics of it on Instagram and twitter about “getting back to the land” or something equally theatrical and have more sex. Who cares about commerce when we can stay home and look at our bodies and screw all day??

It’ll be wonderful! The golden age. The age of aquarius. 

@Klingsor HA! That line about being the only guy under 70 slayed me. I can totally picture it. 

Even as a boy I would sometimes stay in on nice days and chill especially if I had a run of days going out.  I would read, watch TV, listen to music, eat junk food, dig into all sorts of old junk in the house.  

Yes I am vastly more suited to quarantine than most.  Today was day one of WAH (work at home) and man it is isolation-city.  If I am feeling buggy I can imagine what others are going through.  But I am gonna wait it out. 

It’s not that I hate spring. If I had to pick a favorite season I would definitely say Fall, but when I was a kid I loved spring and summer but I was insulated and it was about seeing everything so green and then later watching things grow. I spent lots of time outdoors then but when I left home I became a recluse for basically the past 15 years. Which is the problem I guess. I’m still basically the same scared, anxious, skinny kid with health problems sitting in the back of my grandparents Buick watching the world go by. 

Hope everyone is weathering the virus. Hopefully it will go away soon.

I have to catch up on my reading here, but I wanted to check in briefly. How is everyone?

I have been working 7 days/ week with my boss on leave of absence. I have to admit that it's a little unnerving knowing this virus is here and I am exposed to so many people on a daily basis. I'm concerned I may bring it home to my kids. The store has been implementing changes daily, but our doors are still open.

Stay healthy everyone.

https://gothamist.com/arts-entertainment/nyers-social-distancing-failing-photos-coronavirus?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/03/25/beck-lightfoot-on-stay-at-home-order-citations-to-be-issued-parks-could-be-shut-down/

It didn’t take Miss Cleo to see this coming. I have to assume the reticence to enforce quarantines in the US is by intent. To justify something draconian. No one can be so stupid to think millions of laid off 18-40 year olds with nothing to do except smoke pot and fornicate are going to voluntarily remain indoors in warm spring weather simply to protect “old people” and “boomers”. I refuse to believe even government health officials or Donald trump can be that stupid. 

There are now 2 cases in our hometown. 😞 This is a small town, so it's frightening. It's shocking how many people where I live are not heeding the warnings to stay inside. Today they put caution tape on the playground and basketball courts in the town park hoping to get the message across. I think it's a mistake if some people assume young people aren't susceptible to getting very sick too, even if they are less likely to die. I wonder if I'm so old that I'm considered a "boomer"? 😑

@IrmaJean according to the internet I’m a boomer. Anyone over 25 is considered old. There are over 5 cases in the county where I live and I’m in a rural area. It's the same where I live. The sheer uncertainty of all this is eating up my insides with anxiety. I can’t visit my grandad and do yard work for him because I’m scared to death i might be a carrier for the virus and give it to him. There's no way he'd survive it.

10 hours ago, Klingsor said:

@IrmaJean according to the internet I’m a boomer. Anyone over 25 is considered old. There are over 5 cases in the county where I live and I’m in a rural area. It's the same where I live. The sheer uncertainty of all this is eating up my insides with anxiety. I can’t visit my grandad and do yard work for him because I’m scared to death i might be a carrier for the virus and give it to him. There's no way he'd survive it.

Finally I know someone who tested positive:  a niece who is an MD. 

Not much worse than a cold, but she says she is very tired, more tired than she would be from a cold.  She is self quarantined with her boy friend who is probably positive too.  He is a 1099 type employee, now totally broke and in danger of losing his "tools" of the trade on which he makes payments. 

She continues to get paid by her hospital as she sees patients over video conferencing, etc.  Expects to go back to work with immunity soon, but states this might be a permanent virus that changes each year like the flu.

11 hours ago, Klingsor said:

It didn’t take Miss Cleo to see this coming. I have to assume the reticence to enforce quarantines in the US is by intent. To justify something draconian. No one can be so stupid to think millions of laid off 18-40 year olds with nothing to do except smoke pot and fornicate are going to voluntarily remain indoors in warm spring weather simply to protect “old people” and “boomers”. I refuse to believe even government health officials or Donald trump can be that stupid. 

No good alternatives.  Ya can't afford to destroy society and economy over a disease.  "Herd immunity" will develop over time, but there will be a toll.

A lot of the deaths would have happened from regular colds and flu anyway. 

On 3/23/2020 at 1:55 PM, Klingsor said:

Think of the sheer terror this virus would have caused had it been a genital rotting virus...they would have barricaded themselves in concrete vaults for years if necessary. 

🤣🤣🤣

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3077113/wuhan-doctors-plan-long-term-look-coronavirus-impact-male-sex

21 hours ago, IrmaJean said:

There are now 2 cases in our hometown.

21 hours ago, Klingsor said:

There are over 5 cases in the county where I live and I’m in a rural area. It's the same where I live. The sheer uncertainty of all this is eating up my insides with anxiety.

Cases that you know of!  
It’s extremely disconcerting. I have heard so many different things I don’t know what to believe.  Some say you can’t get it so long as you don’t touch your face; others say the virus aerosolizes and be easily breathed in. Health care workers taking all precautions are getting it.  
Of course the macho idiots are all like “I ain’t scared, I don’t give a fuck, it’s all bullshit.”.  

I am grateful I can WAH (work at home).  That’s the only good thing. BUT I am in complete isolation and that’s getting old. 

Hiya all, just got a new forum name for a bit. It's me, Jazz. Vic, it is very confusing, I thought maybe if someone wore gloves and washed them overnight it could be ok, as long as they were removed with care and even plain glasses could help as then you cant really touch your eyes so much.

I have had problems with mysterious mail (2 letters) arriving in the letterbox as well with no address on them, felt like reporting it someone, but who?

🙏

On 3/27/2020 at 12:34 PM, Klingsor said:

Yeah, makes me think very carefully about data security - and phones and programmes on phones with contacts 'synced' whilst this coronavirus situation goes on - not to mention keeping phones clean from sticky fingermarks.

Am ok, KS, what are things really like around yours? Restrictions here just about ok with family help. Must be so difficult for families with kids out of school particularly as they are together almost 24 7 and inside. It's ok to take one kind of exercise a day though - walk, cycle or run for example so park visits ok, handy if a park is nearby, more difficult if it is not.

✍️

Sorry posting probs - best wishes to you  x