Mental Support Community

New age bionic plaque

Daveuk

3 hours ago, Victimorthecrime said:

Thanks to non-compliance w the quarantine there is talk of extending this whole social distancing thing into 2021 and canceling the football season both college & pro completely.  

I'm counting on April 1st = April Fool's Day.  Ha ha.  We were just joking!

Seriously, though.  Grave economic damage will be done if this stuff doesn't stop and more reasonable precautions followed.

5 hours ago, geronimo said:

KS, what are things really like around yours?

Churches closed, schools closed (remote learning), restaurants closed (take-out only), libraries closed, supermarkets on reduced hours, telemedicine crap being implemented. Other than that nothing is different.

Social distancing? I've practiced that out of circumstantial necessity for 20 years. Quarantine? I've been confined to my home/apt for my entire adult life. I don't go on vacations, clubs, bars, parties, trips. I have no friends - as in zero. When my grandmother was alive I visited my grandparents regularly to get outdoors; when she died my grandfather moved and I see him infrequently. So now I go to the park about once a month when I think it won't be infested with people. Beyond that, it's been work or necessary errands. I spend days at a time never leaving my house. So these people whining on social media about how hellish isolation is, well my heart just weeps buckets for them. Welcome to my world for the past 15 years. And Resolute - he sure as shit knew what confinement meant.

I interviewed and was hired for a tech job recently, but it's on hold because of the virus. I thought this industry was "critical infrastructure" according to the CDC website, but who knows. So now I'm in some kind of limbo where I was recently unemployed (not fired or laid off), but not technically employed now either. Which means I probably won't see a dime of the stimulus money as inflation hits about 800%.

Looks like New Orleans is the newest epicenter which means my state is probably going to start looking at total lockdown in the very near future. The kind where you have to have papers to leave the house which will just be absolutely wonderful.

Don't worry about complaining, that's all I do is bitch, kvetch, and complain. Mostly because my life is one gigantic snowball of disappointment and failure that takes every opportunity it can to rub it in my face.

It’s getting bad here. Store clerks in masks and gloves; idiot customers not getting social distancing. I think it is a matter of time until martial law.  The Federal government and news media have lost so much credibility w the American people that many don’t believe there is a deadly epidemic 😷.  

@Klingsor - maybe peruse for on-line contract work in the tech sector?  I am sure you thought of that already but just in case.  

20 hours ago, Klingsor said:

I interviewed and was hired for a tech job recently, but it's on hold because of the virus. I thought this industry was "critical infrastructure" according to the CDC website, but who knows. So now I'm in some kind of limbo where I was recently unemployed (not fired or laid off), but not technically employed now either. Which means I probably won't see a dime of the stimulus money as inflation hits about 800%.

People don't know what to think.  When Trump postulates recovery starting in April he is condemned as a killer by the DEMs and the Establishment.

Not surprising people reconsider hiring plans.

Here is an excellent article about making your own face mask at home...no sewing machine, trips to hobby lobby, or craft making skills required: 

https://blog.japanesecreations.com/no-sew-face-mask-with-handkerchief-and-hair-tie

I had a couple of construction masks (N95) but decided to donate them instead of wearing it in public because I am a magnet for nutcases who would take the opportunity to cause a scene about it. I honestly see no issue with the general public using a cloth fabric like a handkerchief to stop airborne droplets since many people are filthy and never cover their mouths when coughing or sneezing, and I’ve worked with numerous individuals who experience some sort of horror at washing their hands after defecation 🤢. If the virus is so infectious that it can simply float through the air like a predator waiting to strike then I see no point to any of it because you would basically need to wear a scuba (positive pressure) mask 24-7.

• 2 weeks later...

My governor issued orders two weeks ago for people to wear masks when in public. He's even held press conferences showing him and his team wearing masks. I wear mine and also gloves whenever I'm running errands or shopping.But still, today, I see it's about half and half...about half are wearing masks, half are not. The majority not wearing masks are men. Why? Because I saw two men in the parking lot yesterday greeting, and after an awkward couple of seconds they shook hands saying, "Oh I'm not worried about it".

Because the implication is that only women, pussies, and fags wear masks. A REAL man doesn't need to, he is so potent that he is immune to catching disease. Only the weak men and Good Boys™ like Klingsor wear masks. Defiance. DEFY. Always DEFY. Only pussies obey. Be sure to go commando too when you're out in public because the mere presence of swinging testicles wards off illness.

What the stupid fucks seem incapable of grasping is that SLOWING THE TRANSMISSION means ACCELERATING ECONOMIC RESTART...which has nothing to do with your vulnerability status or personal health.

Could not agree more @Klingsor.  It’s the same here.  Our governor has issued a decree that everyone must wear masks in public and specifically when going in stores.  We will see what compliance is like.  If people get on board w the measures needed to slow transmission we could end this sooner rather than later.  
Hope you’re doing as well as can be expected  Klingsor.  I hope everyone is doing well also.  

This is the most significance consequence of the pandemic to date by far: https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEFw2xuu38PaSPsBCjGlyiI0qFQgEKg0IACoGCAowt6AMMLAmMJSCDg?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

There is no recovering from this. Global oil demand and the US Dollar are the same thing. 

I hate to say this and it’s not meant to be cruel, but the ones who succumbed to this virus (at least in America) are the lucky ones.